Someone like you

(Tom's POV)

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU-"

"Matilda darling are you all right?" I call up the stairs, there's no answer. I start creeping up the stairs, Matilda's door is sitting ajar her room is dark. I peek my head inside Matilda is sleeping and screaming. So she's probably having a nightmare. I step further into the room using the flashlight on my phone to make sure that I don't step on any of Mal's things. She really needs to clean her room. When I get to the bed I see that Mal is wrapped in her comforter, her hair is covering her faces and she's twitching.
"Oh darling" I sigh. "Matilda wake up!" I shake her shoulder in attempts to wake her up, it takes a few tries before Mal actually opens her eyes. The moment she sees me standing over top of her she sighs.

" I'm so sorry Tom, I- didn't I thought that-" Matilda stutters,

"Don't worry about it I just wanted to make sure that you were all right, I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Thanks Tom. good night" I nod my head a shut the door on the way out of Matilda's room, the dim light from the living room guides me down the stairs. I sit down on the couch an turn on my phone there are two messages one from Emma and the other from Chris. Emma just wanted to say hi and that she loved me, and Chris wanted to know if I wanted to go out for a drink in a week or so. I texted him back saying that I would be there.

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

(Matilda's POV)

I fell back asleep after Tom stopped my nightmare, this time I slept peacefully without interruption. When I woke up again but it was to early for me but my tutor, Jeremy, is coming over. I've got lessons this morning. I flopped out of my bed and groaned I'm not a morning person at all. I lazily pull a bra on but I quickly take it off again the under wire is poking me. instead I put on a sports bra, a pair of leggings, and a t-shirt. I trudge my way down the stairs and make myself a cup of coffee. Crystal is sleeping on the back of the couch, that cat. I add some brown sugar, its really good I promise. I sit at the coffee bar and open my book, I'm reading the selection, by Kiera Cass. A few chapters into the book Tom basically floats down the stairs. "good morning to you" I say to Tom. He's wearing his sneaker and his running clothes, "going for run I see." I hold my coffee mug to my mouth and savour the sweet and bitter smelling concoction.

"ya will you be all right by yourself, Jeremy should be here soon" Tom walks towards the door and pulls his iPod out of his pocket (and his head phones) I wave him off,

" I'm 15 I will be fine by myself, enjoy your run."

" All right see you soon" Tom steps out of the house and closes the door behind him. I sit in silence for a few minuets and silently sip on my coffee, at exactly 8:15 the door bell rings. I open the door and Jeremy is standing there with his books and his dumb yellow pencil stuck behind his ear.

"mornin' Miss Matilda ready to concur the wonderful world of exponent's and powers?" I grumble under my breath. Jeremy takes off his shoes and sets them next to my sneakers. Jeremy sets his books down on the table, Crystal rubs up against his leg and purrs.

"want a cup of coffee, tea?" I ask pulling another mug off the shelf knowing his answer will be yes, but his choice of beverage always changes. " tea please with honey no sugar" I fill the kettle with water and put it on the stove. while I wait for the water to boil Jeremy try's ( that's the key word) to explain exponents and powers to me but it just wont stick. about an hour or so later Tom comes back home sweaty and covered in mud?

       "What happened to you?!" I asked covering my hand with my mouth to hid the giggle. Tom pulls off his sneakers and leaves them on the mat he groans and wipes a piece of mud of his cheek.

       "I tripped and fell into a bloody mud hole, I'm going to go and shower."

          "Matilda at what angle do you think that your father-"

          "Oh my god Jeremy just shut it!" Jeremy just sits there for a second with his mouth hanging open, "my lesson is over anyway see you next week" I shove the math books across the table Jeremy picks them up and silently leaves the house. I dump the rest of Jeremy's leftover tea into the sink and fill the cup with water. I can hear the shower turn on and Tom curse. I'm guessing the cold water is assaulting him. My cheeks feel warm so I open the back door and sit on the porch. I quite enjoy the backyard there's a hot tub, and a flower garden, a huge oak trees with a birdhouse and the neighbour is a 70 year old lady who lives with her 19 year grandson. He plays the cello sometimes if you listen carefully you can hear him playing. It's cold outside for May the sky is grey, but hey! At least my cheeks aren't warm anymore. I sit outside for a little while longer just listening to the leaves rustle in the wind.

       "Hey Matilda lunch is ready why don't you come in." Tom says his tall figure takes up the whole door way, as I go to stand the deep harmonic music of the cello fills my ears. "Sounds like Lane is at it again, he's a very talented boy isn't he." I walk past Tom and look over the door frame, I can see Lane sitting by his bedroom window thoughtfully and precisely plucking away at the string, the muscle in his arms flex and the bow moves back and forth across the strings.

"He is, oh hey dad you've got some mud" I wipe away the small speck of mud with my thumb. Tom smiles softly and kiss my temple softly, "let's eat."

"Oh hey Mal have you been reading the paper lately?" I shake my head no "well there is a man running around sexually assaulting women and young girls, so just tell me if your going out some where okay."

"I'll be careful I promise, okay."