Chapter 3: Cry

*Edited*

ELLA

I hear slight voices. I feel their warm hands hold onto mine.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you, it's not fair. You didn't deserve this" I hear a woman faintly say.

I slowly start to open my eyes. The light blinds me. I can barely see anything. The light brings pain to my head.

"Doctor" I hear someone yell as my vision starts to come back.

My eyes soon adjust to the lighting. I look around the room and realize I am in the hospital. I sit up as my body aches. I look at my arms and legs. I'm completely bruised. My neck feels terrible. I try to touch my neck but instead I wince in pain. I want to cry as I finally remember exactly what had happened.

"Are you okay?"

My throat tightens.

"Sir I need you to wait in the waiting room" he says.

I look over to the door. Grayson stands there with a worried look across his face. I don't want him here. I don't want him to see me. He looks me right in the eyes. I look away. I can't look him in the eyes. He finally brings himself to leave. My vision blurs as tears run down my face. My tears forcefully make their way out of my eyes.

I curl  up into a ball as the events from earlier start to flash through my mind. I start to sob loudly tying to keep my composure but I can't. I can't anymore. The pain is too much. I want to die. To be rid of it.

"It's okay" she says as she holds me.

I cry into her shoulders. She doesn't let go. After awhile I finally stop crying.

"Please tell me what happened?" She asks politely with sympathy written in her eyes.

"Promise me you'll catch him" I say staring at my hands that holds cuts and bruises on them.

"I'm going to do everything in my power to catch him" she assures me.

"I went to the club with my friends, Becca, Britany, and Mariana" I say as she pulls out a small notebook and starts writing.

"What happened next?"

"I started to dance with Mariana. Britany and Becca went to get shots. When they came back we all took one. I only went to have fun. I work so hard. After we took a shot we kept dancing" I stop and stare back at my hands.

"Then what?"

"They all went to the bathroom. I kept dancing but I had this feeling like someone was watching me so I stopped. I walked over to a table and sat down. That's when he came over to me" I pause.

"What did he look like?"

"He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. He looked like he was about 25. He was tall, like 6 foot 5. Maybe 180 pounds, he was fit. He was wearing u-umm" I pause as the memories continue to keep flooding back to me.

"Take your time" she nods not wanting to pressure me.

"He was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. I think he had Converse on" I say.

"That's good, the more details the better" she smiles.

"He offered me a shot, I told him I had a boyfriend and he said that he thought I looked lonely and only wanted to take a drink with me. I finally said yes after I drank it we talked. After a couple of minutes I started to feel dizzy" I add.

"He must have drugged you" she tells me as she writes more in her notebook.

"My friend Becca came over and offered to take me outside, he told her that he would take me. We went outside into the alley. I tried to take a deep breathe but he pushed me against the wall and grabbed my neck-" i rub my neck as I stare at my legs.

"He didn't say anything, he pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. Then he-" I start to sob.

"He pulled up my dress and pu-pulled down my panties. I started to cry and I told him to stop and let go of me" I continue.

"You told him to stop?"

"Yes but he didn't care. He forced himself inside of me. I think I blacked out because I don't remember anything else. This is all my fault. Grayson didn't want me to go out but I did anyways. This will destroy everything I've worked for" I sob.

"It wasn't your fault. What that man did to you will never be your fault" she told me.

"What do you mean by it will destroy everything you've worked for?" She asks.

"I'm a model. If this gets out it will destroy my career. I barely got a scholarship to Princeton University. They can take it back anytime" I explain as tears start to blur my vision.

"He needs to go to jail for what he did to you, Ella"

"Promise me my name will not get out there" I say as my eyebrows furrow.

"I promise"

She gets up and walks out closing the door behind her. I sit there not knowing what to do with myself. I touch the bruises on my neck as I wince in pain. I feel so weak and vulnerable. Feeling weak is something I've always hated. I can't stand being weak. I just can't. I don't want to live with this constant pain. I want it to end.

I get up and walk over to the windowsill. The view is so beautiful. I open the window looking out into the night. The wind brushes against my face. I look down as I sit on the edge. I hold the edges of the window. Do it. Do it. I repeat in my head over and over. I want this pain to stop. I don't want to live as the girl who was raped. I just want it to end.

"Oh my god Ella what are you doing?" Grayson screams.

I look back at him. There he is. The love of my life. The man whom I love so much. The man I wanted to start my life with. He stands with Ethan.

"Ethan go get help" he tells him as Ethan runs out.

He slowly walks closer to me.

"Stay back or else Grayson" I threaten as tears roll down my cheeks..

The wind feels good against my face as I hold onto the ledge. I close my eyes and tilt my head up.

"Don't do this" he pleads.

"I have to"

"I love you, don't leave me please"

The detective runs in. She moves to Grayson and pushes him away.

"Don't do this Ella" she says shaking her head.

"I don't want to live anymore" I say with no emotion in my voice.

"If you do this he gets to go free, which means he wins and if he wins he will do what he did to you to another innocent girl"

"He stole everything from me" I scream.

"Don't let him take this from you, don't let him win"

I look back out the window. The lights are so beautiful. I start to let go of the edge. Arms wrap around my waist and tug me back inside. We both fall to the floor. The detective holds me in her arms as I cry. I hold onto her refusing to let go. That's all I want to do, just cry.