Chapter 29: Brother's

ELLA/CHRISTINA

"Oh my god Christina" he pauses.

I hold my breath hoping he won't hang up.

"Where are you? How have you been? What's wrong?" Questions just keep pouring from his mouth as I try to keep up.

"I'm okay. I just need your help. I know you work for the FBI. I've finally found him. I know everything about him. What he's doing, who he is, and who he's after. But I need your help"

His breathing intensifies as I hold onto my hope. He sighs.

"I'll help you"

"I'll send you my address so I can show you everything I have"

"Okay. Be careful. I'll be there as soon as I can" he hangs up.

I let go of the breath I was holding onto. Everything feels like it's spinning. Just constantly spinning. Like a carousel that's never ends. And I just can't seem to get a grip on my stability.

My world stopped the day he came back into my life. Now I have to make sure he never comes back again, for my sake.

I lay on the bed holding onto my necklace. The one he gave to me before I left. The only thing I had left of them. I never take it off. Not even before I get in the shower. A light pink pearl in a necklace. It wasn't a perfect circle. It's a Tahitian Circle Pearl.

I think back to before I was raped. When everything was perfect. My life, my family, my friends. Everything was perfect. I had everything I needed. Everything I wanted. Then it was all taken away from me. No one understood what I was going through. No one really noticed. Not until the FBI got involved. That was the only time they tried to understood. Yet they couldn't seem to look at me the same way after that. They looked at me differently. Especially people at school. Everyone looked at me the same way my own family did. I felt alienated. I heard every whisper.

"She probably asked for it"

"Oh my god I feel so sorry for her"

"I can't believe she went through that"

"If she let him smash you think she'd let me"

"She's probably doing it for attention"

"What an attention whore"

"She's obviously lying about it"

"I can't believe she even got the FBI involved, what a joke"

"Do you think it's true?"

Every single remark I heard is forever burned into my brain. I couldn't go back to school after that day. I just couldn't. I didn't even stand up to those remarks. I just let them spread. Like a wildfire waiting to burn me. I couldn't run from the truth. No matter how hard I tried it stuck to me like gum. A part of me that defined everything about me. It wasn't fair.

Everyone knew me as the "girl who was raped" or the "girl who wanted attention". It followed my everywhere I went. Then I finally got a chance to leave it all. I finally got to leave the part of me that everyone knew of. I had a chance to start over. But I couldn't change myself no matter how hard I tried. I also had to leave my family. Everyone I loved. They couldn't come with me. It broke my heart.

I worked so hard for everything I have now. My grades, my job, my family. I never took any of that for granted. I lived every single day of my life to its fullest. I did everything I could possibly do. Except admit my past. Admit who I once was. It was the one thing I couldn't do. But I had someone then who helped me get through it.

I haven't seen him in years. He was the one to comfort me in the middle of the night when I woke up screaming and crying. He was the one who told me it was going to be okay. He was the one who never left my side. He was the one who tried so hard to make everything around me feel so much better. He was the first person I told. I will never regret telling him. He saved me from hell.

I guess that's what brother's are for.

~
~
~
A/N
////
Posting late today but you guys finally get to learn about Christian. Family is a big part of the next chapter. But you will love Christians' character💗