Chapter 20: Alive

ELLA/CHRISTINA

I open my eyes as I sit up on the bed. It feels cold sleeping alone. I am so used to waking up in Grayson's arms after a night of playing and laughing and just being cute. I miss that. I miss it so much. It's been almost 2 months since I've seen him. I want to see his smile. I want to see him laugh. I want to hear his voice. I want to feel his arms around me. I want him. I've never been away from him this long. I've always been with him. When I wasn't I was always thinking of him. He's the type of guy you can't stop thinking about. I can't stop thinking about him. I miss him too much. But I have to focus. The only way I can go back is to finish what I've started.

~

I make my way to the salon. I walked inside without scheduling an appointment. I wait placing my hands at the edge of the counter.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asks as she walks up to me.

"No, but I'll pay extra if I can get my hair done now"

"Right this way" she smiles at me.

The more you pay the happier they are.

"What do you want to do to you hair?" She rubs her hands though my curls.

"I want to dye it, blonde would be nice"

She nods and goes off to get whatever colors she needs. I sit there staring at myself in the mirror. I run my fingers through one of my curls. The natural color is so beautiful to me. I've always loved my hair. But I'm going to have to make any sacrifices I have to to make sure he doesn't recognize me. This is the only way. I have to do this. For Christian and Christina. For Grayson. The love of my life.

She comes back and leans my head back to wet it. She rubs the water all through my hair making sure it's completely soaked. She adds soap and conditioner. Rubbing a towel through my hair she brushes through it. She flattens my hair out as much as she can. She grabs the hair dye and rubs it into my hair with a brush. I close my eyes. I want to see what it'll look like after she's done.

~

I stare at myself in the mirror. I can't believe it's beautiful. The color made my eyes pop. It is honestly amazing. I smile.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, thank you so much" I smile widely.

"Okay let's pay so you can go show off your beautiful hair" she gestures towards the counter.

I stand up and walk with her to the counter. She pressed all types of buttons.

"240" she smiles.

I hand her $240 in bills. She grasps it from my hands and places it into the register.

"Have a lovely day"

"Thank you" I place two twenties into her tip jar before I leave.

I feel so different. I feel free of who I was forced into being. I finally feel like I different me. I'm going to fight for this part of me.

~

I walk to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. I sat down at the table with papers scattered all over it. I grab the list of names. I read over them. Over and over and over until their names are a memory. Why did he come back after me? He could've kept raping numerous girls adding to his list but he came back to me. Maybe he's done with his cycle. Maybe he's starting all over again. From the beginning.

That's why he came back. He's going back to the girls he's raped. I quickly skim back over the list looking for his second victim. Katherine
Marly. I look around for her information. I pull out her file from the large pile on the table.

Katherine Marly. Born on November 18, 1998.  Raised by her mother until the age of 17. She has 2 brothers and 1 younger sister. Mother, Martha Maghem and father, Joseph Marly. Raped on the twenty first of August 2017. Born in New Jersey. Currently living in Washington, D.C. Employed as the Post Master General.

She's a fucking Post Master General! Holy fuck. We deserve justice. Especially me. I can't let him ruin my life again. I'm tired of running. He's going to be the one running from now on. There's no way he's going to get away with this. Never in a million years. The FBI wants him almost as badly as I do. He's had more rapes than any other serial rapist anyone's ever known. There's no way they'll ever let him go as soon as they catch him. But they'll never catch him. Well, at least not alive.