Chapter 35: Secrets

GRAYSON

I sit there not knowing what to say. My mind just stops. And so does my heart. She can't look at me. I hold onto her hands forcing her to look at me. Her eyes. Those big beautiful green eyes. They always had a hold on me and they still do.

"What's the plan?" I sigh.

~

Once we get home Christian and Ella talk alone. I pull Ethan into his room to talk to him.

"Do you know?" I ask.

"Know what?" He tilts his head to the side confused.

"Shit" I say running my hands through my hair pacing back and forth in his room.

"Grayson?"

"Jesus Christ" I sit on the edge of his bed and place my face in my hands.

He sits next to me patting my back.

"What's wrong?"

"We're fucked Ethan, we're really fucked" I sigh.

"What do you mean? Grayson tell me" his voice shows concern.

I look up at him not knowing how to tell him. Trying to piece a sentence together I slowly open my mouth only to close it again. How do I tell him? I look to my feet.

"They're not here because they're done with him. They're back because "Hes" coming back"

"Oh my god"

"Oh. My. God." He stands up and starts to pace around as I had minutes before.

"What are we going to do? How are we going to stop him? What about the twins? Why haven't they gone somewhere safe? Why are they just waiting? Aren't they going to do something about it?" Questions kept pouring out of his mouth like a leaky faucet that you couldn't stop entirely.

"Yes they have a plan. I don't really trust it. Or Christian. But I trust Ella" I stop him from pacing back and forth.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

I stay silent. Did I trust her enough to put the lives of not only our children but mine and Ethan's?

"Yes"

~

It had been nearly a week since they came back. Everything started to feel normal again. It felt like we had our life back once again. But then I'd realize exactly why she was back and place my head in my hands knowing what was to come. But I never said anything. I didn't say what I thought. I just keep my thoughts to myself. And honestly I hate this. I hate not being able to say something. I hate not sharing my opinion. I should've said that awhile ago but I didn't. Mainly because this isn't just about me. It's about my kids. It's about Ethan. It's about Ella. Or Christina. Whatever.

I just want things to go back to how they were. And yet at the same time I don't want them to go back to how they were. Mainly because I know so much about her now. Not everything. But more than I used to know. She knew everything about me and I was constantly left if the dark about her past. I didn't like it because I love her. And I always will. But sadly there's too many secrets between us. She's kept so many things from me. And I know there's more secrets.