Chapter 43: Not Again

GRAYSON

I can hardly hear their muffled voices through the walls. I look at Ethan as he sits on the rocking chair besides the kids cribs.

"Grayson we need to talk" Ethan sighs his head hanging low.

"About what?" I look at him.

"About Christina"

"What about her?" My eyebrows furrow concerned.

He stays silent for a good moment.

"Ethan"

"Her dad abused her and her brother Grayson. He beat their mom and raped her too. He beat their mom so bad she lost their younger sibling while she was pregnant"

I cover my face with my hand. Can this get any worse? (a/n sadly yes)

"How do you know? Did she tell you?" I look at him.

"No. I looked into her"

And for some reason that really drives me over.

"ETHAN! Oh my god" I run my temples together not knowing how much worse this'll get.

"I just thought she was hiding something. Like what if she did something bad and didn't want us to know about it. Until I read the files on her. Gosh I wish I had just trusted her" he turns and looks out the window hanging his head.

I sigh. He only looked into her to protect me. That's the main reason he does things now. To protect me.

"Ethan. I'm happy that you care about me but Christina isn't going to hurt me"

"I know that now"

I look at him one last time before giving him a hug. Opening the door I can hear Christina and Christians voice become clearer as I walk down the hall towards the living room.

"BE. You can't get mad or freak out" I hear Christina tell Christian.

"Christina tell me, dime" he tells her

"Cameron wasn't the only one who raped me" i stop.

My heart starts to ache as I don't want to hear what I'm about to.

"What are you saying?" Christian says.

"Dad raped me, too. For years"

Tears start to form at the bridge of my eyes causing my eyesight to become blurry. This is why she didn't want to talk about what happened. My tears stroll down my rosy cheeks as I put the pieces together.

"Christina. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I couldn't"

"Look at me"

She looks up at him slowly after a few seconds.

"When did it start and how long did it go on for?"

"It started when I first turned 10 and didn't end till he went to prison"