Chapter 30: I Promise

ELLA/CHRISTINA

I sit on my bed letting all of my frustration out. I start to cry. Just pure sobs fall out of my mouth and onto the floor. Why did this happen to me? Why did my life have to be the one to fall apart? I hold myself as I sit on the floor. I cry my eyes out until there's nothing left to cry. Mascara smears my face as I try to rub away my tears.

"Whats wrong?" He barges in tryin to comfort me.

I try to piece everything together although it's all shattering at my very fingertips. I keep holding myself as I sob.

"Hey, look at me" he grabs my chin and raises it up.

"Everything's going to be okay" he wipes away a tear daring to fall from my cheek.

He holds me close as I try to contain myself. He doesn't say anything else. He doesn't need to. Just being here made me feel better in every way. I don't need to tell him what happened because I'm sure he's already pieced the puzzle pieces together.

He sighs as I continue to sob. After a while my sobs become quiet until I am asleep in his arms. The arms that have always held me close when I've needed it most. The arms that have always felt like home. The arms that wouldn't let me go until they were sure I was okay.

~

Simple knocks on the door wake me up. Three simple knocks. Three knocks that were mastered. The knocks we both came up with. The knocks only we knew of. I make my way to the door unlocking it and turn the gold handle. As the door sways I hold my breath knowing I had been waiting for this moment for years. There he stands. Only 3 feet in front of me.

He looked the same as he did when I first left. Dark brown hair, thick and long. He was always a lighter complexion compared to me. He still was 1 foot taller than me. His lips almost as thick as mine. His ocean colored eyes sparkled in the light. His lashes so long and thick. His perfect shaped eyebrows sat perfectly on his clear face. With only a beauty mark above his right eyebrow that was barely noticeable. He stood there in his suit as a grin slowly made its way to his face.

I quickly pull him into a hug before he has the chance to pull me into one.

"I've missed you" I whisper as I hug him tightly.

"I've missed you, too sis"

We finally detach ourselves from the embrace as I invite him in and close the door behind him.

"How's the FBI treating you?"

"It's a great job. But there's so many hours. I'm working so much. Cases keep piling up. We are always in the office, the jet or in another state. But what about you, modeling as good as you hoped?" He asks as he sits on the couch.

"Well, it was good and I liked it a lot but stuff happened and that's why your here"

He nods. I explain everything from the rape to the pregnancy to the crash to the police to the change of hair color. Then to the saving of the other victims. He stops me.

"Wait you went after him and deliberately put yourself in danger to catch him" he paces around.

"Stop pacing, please. Yes I did. I had a lead so I followed it. You would have done the same thing" I explain.

"No it's not the same, I'm trained in things like that, you are not. He knows you. He knows your weaknesses. He could've hurt you or even killed you. For gods sakes Christina you can't just go running around chasing every rapist in town. You can get yourself hurt" he rubs his temples.