Chapter 40: Brotherly Bond

GRAYSON

"Hey baby" she looks at me as I start to open my eyes.

"Hey beautiful" I smile adjusting to the morning sunlight.

"You hungry?" She asks.

"Yeah, wanna go out to eat breakfast today?"

"What? You get tired of my famous breakfast?" She smiles at me.

Oh god. That smile. Everyday she was away the only thing that really kept me going was the thought of seeing her smile once more.

"I just want all of us to go out and eat breakfast together, as a family" I sit up.

"Well I'm dressed so you get yourself dressed and I'll get the kids ready and tell Christian and Ethan to get ready as well" she stands up.

I get up and kiss her forehead, "Alright, I'll be ready in ten. If you want I can shower with Christian and you can shower Christina."

"It's alright. I look forward to some mommy time with them. Plus I got bubble soap" she gives me an excited smile that goes from ear to ear.

"Okay. Be careful with Christian though, he likes to go underwater and Christina splashes water everywhere"

"I can handle them. Now go get ready" she shoos me off.

I make my way to the bathroom and turn on the hot water. The minute I get in the steam comes into contact with my entire body. After a few minutes washing, shampooing and conditioning my hair I get out and wrap my lower body in a towel.

I get out of the restroom and go back into the room putting on a pair of boxers. Christina walks in with the kids both fully dressed and in her arms. She sets them on the bed and looks at me smiling.

"Dam my baby looking thick" she walks over and kisses me.

"Dam right" our foreheads lay on each other for a moment before she lets go letting me get dressed.

I pull on a white shirt and green sweats along with a green hat. I turn the hat backwards with the strap on my forehead. Before looking in the mirror I put on my white converse and smile.

"And he has a good sense of fashion and knows color key coordination" she hugs me from behind.

I turn to face her and kiss her head. Bless this beautiful woman's soul. She is the love of my life and I will never be able to get over her.

"Ready to go?" She looks up at me with her beautifully green eyes.

"Yep, lets go"

"You get Christian, I'll get Christina" she smiles and grabs Christina from our bed.

What would I do without her? She is my absolute everything. I pick up Christian and take him to the living room to put him in his baby carrier. I walk out into the hall way in front of the door. Christian and Ethan both look up at me. Christian smiles but Ethan only looks at me with concern. Something is wrong.

"Ready to go?" Christina asks.

"Yes please" my stomach growls causing everyone to laugh except Ethan.