Chapter 38: Trust Issues

A/N I have anticipated doing a point of view from Ethan because like I wouldn't know what to put, but I think now maybe I know what Ethan would do, think and say in this chapter. So here we go.

***

ETHAN

I hate all of the secrets that are kept in this family. Whatever happened to telling each other everything. Whatever happened to being there for one another when we needed it the most. Whatever happened to being so close to one another. Christina and I barely talk anymore. We were so close. She's my best friend. Or was. I don't know what she is right now.

Everything that is happening just seems so unfair to Grayson. Especially after everything he suffered when she left. He just isn't the same. I don't think he'll ever be. I knew deep down somewhere that she'd be the death of him. Or she'd be the one to save him. But honestly now she seems to be doing both but neither at the same time.

He's hanging onto her with dear life as she throws disasters and tragedy down his life. I love Ella. Or Christina. Honestly whatever. But I love my brother more. And I don't want to see him become more hurt than he already is. She's broken him and fixed him. And she keeps repeating that cycle. Their love is toxic to Grayson. I know he loves her with all of his heart but how far is he willing to lose himself to be with her.

It just seems so unfair. Grayson deserves the world after everything that he's been put through. And yet she doesn't give it to him nor does she take it from him. I want him to find a love that doesn't affect him negatively. But if I tell him that now he'll never leave her. Never. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at her. He has completely fallen for her. For everything about her.

So much so that he doesn't realize he's breaking himself as he loves her. Maybe her love will heal him. Or maybe it'll break him entirely. And honestly I don't want to take that chance with all of the things she's kept from the both of us. Not just her past but everything. And I know she's hiding more. I just wish I'd know what it is.

I need to know more about her. It can help me create a sense of what her intentions might be. Oh god I sound like mom and dad. But still. Who knows what else she has been keeping from us. From Grayson. And Christian doesn't seem to help lighten the situation. He supports Christina or Ella with all of his heart. With everything he has. So I must do the same for Grayson. But first I have to get into Christina's head. I need to know what happened to her. Why is she the way she is? I'm a very logical person. I know there's always an answer for everything.

~

"Justin. I need a favor"

"It's about Ella"

"What do you need?"

"Find everything you can about her. Her past. Her childhood. Her family. Everything Justin. Everything"

"Whats her full name?"

"Christina Alejandra Lupe Hernandez" I sigh.

She left me with no other choice. I'm going to know her past whether she likes it or not.

"I'll find out everything I can and send it over to you as soon as possible" he replies.

"Thank you" I end the call.

I look into the mirror and see the bags under my eyes. Those kids have kept me up for lord knows how long. As much as I love the twins, her mother creates a large piece of suspicion that I have yet to uncover. What else could she be hiding? Did she murder someone? What is so bad hat she has to hide it from Grayson and I? Other than murder I can't think of anything else.