Chapter 44: Any Cost

CHRISTINA

I wake up in my bed in the same clothes as the day before. I rub my head grabbing my phone to check the time. 2:03 pm. Shit I must have slept in. I don't remember falling asleep last night. I don't remember much after what happened.

"When did it start and how long did it go on for?"

"It started when I first turned 10 and didn't end till he went to prison"

I tightly close my eyes and shake my head refusing to remember the events of last night. There's already too much for me to handle. This situation will have to be resolved later on. Not now. Of all times not now.

"CB are you up yet?" Christian lightly knocks on the door opening it and peaking his head through.

"Yeah. Why didn't you wake me? I had a shoot today" I sit on the edge of the bed.

"After what happened I just believed you- I mean we needed a day off. A day to think through things and get our plan straight. Also I called Matt and told him you wouldn't be able to come in for the shoot and he rescheduled it for Friday" he looks at me sincerely with his big ocean eyes.

"Alright. I'll make dinner" I stand up rubbing my forehead.

"No need"

"Please don't tell me Grayson made food" I pout not wanting another culinary dish gone wrong.

"No. I made my famous Chicken Alfredo. Your favorite" he laughs.

"Thank god" I place my hand over my heart relieved.

He laughs once more before opening the door all the way and gesturing for me to go to the kitchen. I walk out with him and sit down at the table. As I sit down I realize Grayson and Ethan aren't here yet.

"Where's Ethan and Grayson?" I look at Christian as he stirs the sauce.

"They went to get champagne or something with alcohol and something that isn't H2O" he looks at me.

"They don't drink. They won't know what to get"

"Don't worry I gave them specific instructions on what to get and where to get it and threatened to starve them if they didn't get the right bottles" he turns back to the sauce stirring it as he smiles.

I laugh.

"Yes because we ALL are obsessed with your cooking"

"And yours too" he looks over his shoulder.

"Definitely mine. I'm the best cook" I smile widely at him.

"Sure" he scoffs.

"It's true" I say a little loud.

"What's true?" Grayson asks as he kisses me before setting down the bags with the bottles in them.

"That I'm the best cook"

"Compared to Grayson, yes" Ethan laughs sitting down.

"That's not funny. I work very hard on making everyone food but everyone refuses to eat it. That's hurts" he places his hand over his heart pretending to be hurt.