Chapter 16: Stronger

ELLA/CHRISTINA

I cash out all of the money I made from my last few photo shoots. About $135,000. I don't know if I have enough for however long it will take but it has to last me. I have to find that son of a bitch. I have to take away what he took from me. His safety.

Where would he go?

Exactly where I think he'd go. The city where he first raped. The city where he raped me when I was 16. Corpus Christi, Texas.

~

"One ticket to Corpus Christi, Texas please"

"Alright here you go, the next flight out is in 30 minutes" she smiles as he hands me my ticket.

I got in line for Chick-fil-A while I waited for my flight. I'm starving and I could really use some Frosted Coffee at the moment.

"A Grilled Club sandwich combo with a frosted coffee to drink" I order while the lady types the buttons to place my order.

I hand her the money and wait for my food. After awhile it was nearly 5 minutes before my flight. I walk to the line to get ahead of everyone that was there. The line was long but thank god I wasn't at the end.

Everyone trudged behind each other taking forever for me to get to the front. I finally get through the metal detectors and make my way to my flight door. As soon as I got inside the plane I took a seat.

I stared out of the window. This is it. I'm leaving LA, California. The only way to make sure my children are safe is to subtract the problem. Even if I have to do it myself. Christian and Christina deserve to have the perfect life that was ripped away from me. They deserve so much. This is the only way to guarantee their safety. I'll be back for them. But I'm leaving for them. I can't let their lives be at risk because of what happened to me. It wouldn't be fair to them.

That bastard is a cancer that I have to get rid of or let it destroy my family. The life I've worked so hard to have. He doesn't just get to waltz in a steal it away from me. Not now, not ever.

The plane starts to take off as I say my last goodbyes to the city I made a life in. The city where I'm leaving my kids behind. The city where I'm leaving the love of my life behind. And all to protect them from this cruel fucked up world.

I would give anything to protect them. Even my life. From now on they will be my motivation. They will be the reason I wake up every morning. They will be the reason I will stay an fight. They will be the reason I'm going to face my problems head on. They will be the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. They will be the reason for everything I do. Out of pure love. To protect them the way I was never protected.

I will love them until the end of time. I will always love them. That's why I'm doing this. I couldn't bare the thought of them suffering for what happened to me. And I'm not going back until I make that son of a bitch pay for what he did to me and my family.

Family is everything. Family is making yourself and them a better person mentally and physically. Family is knowing what makes them snap, mad, sad, cry and smile. Family is supporting them through the good and bad. Family is a bond that can't ever be broken no matter how hard you try. Family is making sacrifices for each other. Family is protecting the ones you love with everything that you have. Family is worth fighting for. Family is fighting until the fight is over.

I'll always fight for my family. They're the only reason I'm alive now. If I had jumped from the window that night I was raped I could've killed the two greatest blessings I've ever had. I'd never forgive myself for that. This is how I make it up to them. To ensure their lives and safety. The police hadn't caught him in years, how would they catch him now? I have to do this. Even if I'm doing it alone.

Like they always say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."