Chapter 17: If only

GRAYSON

I haven't seen the twins yet. I've been wanting to but I can't bring myself to see them.

"I can go in with you if you want" Ethan offers.

"No, I want to do this alone"

I slowly walk up to the door and pull I open. I hesitate before I take small steps inside. My hands fidget with my shirt as I start to think about what they might look like.

Before I know it I'm standing in front of their incubators. I look to one and realize it's Christina. She looks just like her mother. Brown hair, plump lips, very few freckles around her nose, but her eyes. Her eyes are just like mine. A golden hazel color. She's perfect. Just like her mother.

I walk over to Christian's incubator. He looks just like me. The hair, the lips, and the nose. Except instead of having golden hazel eyes like me and Christina, he has green eyes just like his mother. A perfectly emerald green. Just perfect.

His eyes remind me of Ella's eyes and how they would light up when she smiled or laughed. Sometimes her eyes would even seem to change colors. One day her eyes looked blue. Another day they looked turquoise, that day she was so happy and beautiful. That day seemed so perfect. I remember it like it was just yesterday.

~

"Babe hurry up I want to get there early" I yelled.

"Let me change, my hairs still wet babe" she groaned.

"Just come on, I want to see the sunrise from the beach"

"Okay okay" she said as she walked out of the bathroom to reveal herself in a crop top sweater and black Adidas shorts.

"Babe you look amazing" I smirked.

"Ugh I feel like crap, it's 4:30 am" she groaned.

"Let's go" I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the house and to the car.

The drive was not long. Ella fell asleep as I drove to the beach. I woke her up as I parked the car.

"Babe wake up we're here" I nudged her arm.

"Hm?" She opened her eyes.

"Let's go come on" I smile.

We walk to the beach waiting for the sunrise to appear. We sit next to each other at the very edge of the water on the sand. The sun was barely peaking over the water.

After about 20 minutes the sunrise looked beautiful. Mixed with red ,orange and yellow all in one. The horizon reflected itself over the water to make it look as if it was the entire sun.

I looked over to see her smile as we watched the sunrise together. She looked over at me. That's when I saw her eyes. They looked so beautiful. Perfectly colored turquoise eyes. They matched the water in every way. Not only in elegance but in beauty.

~

I never forgot that day. It was the day I realized we were perfect for each other. We still are. We were destined to be with each other. If only it didn't turn out like this. If only I stayed by her side through the toughest part. If only I was there for her. If only I supported her. If only I protected her like I said I always would.

I look down at them and close my eyes as I place both of my hands on their incubators.

"If only I knew you were mine"