Epilogue

AUTHOR POINT OF VIEW

Christina and Christian went home. Completely unbothered by the acts they had just committed. Grayson and Ethan and the kids all sat in the living room waiting for Christian and Christina to get home.

Grayson intently studies the room trying to figure who he once was. How he got there. He tries to put the pieces together but he feels as if he doesn't even have the pieces at all.

The moment Christina and Christian walk through the doors a wave of relief washes over them. And although terrible acts were committed in that very house they easily get past it. Their father hurt them in the worst ways possible. In their minds they believe he deserved what he got.

Yet for Christian, he couldn't yet possibly believe how he ultimately changed Christina. He feels as though she's no longer who she once was. Of course she wasn't. Yet when they reunited it felt as if she was back to who she was when they were still together before everything happened. Now, she's utterly different. Although she's more fearless, he fears she's too fearless. He could've handled the situation so she wouldn't have. But he knew she needed the closure that she got by shooting Cameron.

He grabs her hand and squeezes it tightly trying to comfort her. Rather than going into the living room to face Grayson, she makes her way to the room to change out of her blood stained clothes.

She strips the clothes off of her body and takes a warm shower. She scrubs every piece of her skin making sure to rub all of the blood off of her. She watches the blood go down the drain before reaching to turn it off. The moment she does she stands there for a few moments not wanting to get out. She finally pulls herself together and dries herself.

Grayson walks around the bedroom looking at everything searching for a clue as to how to get his memory back. He desperately wants to know who he is. Or was. After awhile of looking around he hears the water turn off. He doesn't think much about it. He simply continues to look through his things. He walks through the closet touching the clothes that hang. Not only his, but also Christina's.

Christina makes her way to the closet not knowing Grayson is in there until she is also in there with him. Her eyes widen as her heart rate increases. She bites her bottom lip trying to think of what to say. Grayson turns around to find Christina in a towel.

"Your scars" he says trailing her body with his finger.

This had been the first time he had seen her fully naked. He tried to imagine the things she went through. But she wouldn't tell him.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I don't want to talk about it" she looks away from him trying to hide the shame in her eyes.

"Hey, hey look at me. Your scars are beautiful whether you see it or not. They create a story. They tell who you are and what you've been through. And maybe ill never know how they came to be on your body but I will love them with everything I have. Because I know you're strong. And these scars," he goes over them once more.

",they're a part of you, they don't have to define you. You can choose to be who you want. They just add on to your strength. They add to who you are and who you'll become. They're not entirely you. They are apart of you, I wish I could change that but I can't. But I know, in some way, they have made you look at the world differently and become a better self. I know it has" he smiles at her as she sheds a single tear.

"Your scars" he says looking at her.

She looks down before looking back up knowing that he can't see them through the towel. Unless he remembers.

"You- you remember" she smiles.

Yet ,she wishes he had remembered something other than her scars that cover her body, she still felt a wave of relief that he will be able to remember everything soon. Even the events of today. But as long as she gets him back it doesn't matter.

He smiles faintly trying to remember everything but he just can't. And it frustrates him. They both just stare at each other for a moment. No words. Just complete and utter silence. Somehow they get closer and closer. As if the attraction is growing rapidly.

Soon they're merely inches apart. Christina feels Grayson's breath on her cheek as she tries to remain calm. But the moment he grabs her chin, her entire body radiates as she's unable to control herself and the way he makes her feel. Grayson feels the connection between them. Only he wishes he feel more.

As he brings his face to hers both of their hearts pound into their chests. The both have a hold on one another that they both deny. Their eyes exchange back and forth between their lips and eyes wanting to kiss each other so badly.

After what seems like forever, their lips meet sending waves of electricity throughout their entire bodies. Their warmth radiates off of one another. Trying to grasp for air they refuse to break the kiss. Grayson's heart pounds much more intense than Christina's as he vividly starts to remember.

Except the past 24 hours are a complete blur to him. He remembers nothing. But the fact that he's able to remember anything at all makes him happy. Even if he's missing just one day. He'd rather miss one day than miss nearly an entire life he's shared with Christina.

"I remember" he says the moment their lips part.

Tears leave Christina's eyes as joy overwhelms her. She smiles before trying to figure out if he remembers these past 24 hours. He smile soon fades.

"Other than today, I remember everything"

She smiles once more happy he doesn't remember. She doesn't want her previous actions to overwhelm him when everything she's done was so she wouldn't leave him again. And this time, she kept her promise and stayed. She refused to leave him behind to save herself. In her mind the old Christina would've left, but now she cares less about her self and more about her family.

"Well I need to change so give me a minute and go check on Ethan and the kids" she says.

They hold each other tightly before letting go of each other. As much as they didn't want to they did. For they know, they now have the rest of their lives to be together.

She quickly gets changed wanting to burn the bloodied clothes without Grayson knowledge. Christian also thinks the same. He can spare one suit. Especially if it means they'll never be caught. Christina has an entire life to live. He believes he owes it to her. After she had shot him he destroyed any evidence they would've left behind as she sat in the car waiting for him. They had thrown the gun and it's bullets into the ocean hoping no one would ever find it.

They both put their blood stained clothes into a bag and make their way outside to the backyard at the same time. They both look at each other both knowing they thought of the same thing. They threw their bags of clothes on the ground and looked at each other before Christian lit a match.

He smiles at Christina wanting so much for her. She does the same not wanting to lose her brother once more. He throws the match at the clothes as they immediately set on fire. They stare at the flames for awhile before they both get the courage to say something.

"What now?" He asks looking over at her.

"We live"

~
~
~
A/N
Blah blah blah they live happily ever after. But since the epilogue was requested, it was made, much much much love! <3