Chapter 4: Let It Out

SARGENT BENSON

"Help please she's trying to kill herself" says Grayson's brother.

I get up and run to Ella's room. There she was. Sitting on the windowsill trying to take her life. Her innocence was stolen from her and it wasn't fair. I get in front of Grayson and push him back.

"Don't do this Ella"

"I don't want to live anymore" she cries.

"If you do this he gets to go free, which means he wins and if he wins he will do what he did to you to another innocent girl"

"He stole everything from me" she screams

"Don't let him take this from you, don't let him win" I tell her.

She looks back out the window. She sits there for a moment before I see her remove her hands from the edge. I run towards her and pull her back in. I hold her in my arms as she cries.

~

"Do you think he could be the guy?" My partner says.

"She described him perfectly, just like his other victims" I sigh.

"We need to catch this guy before he rapes another girl" she tells me.

I walk to the front of the room. Everyone stare at me. This rapist has raped 4 other girls. He killed his 3rd victim.

"The Blue Side Rapist has raped again. This time he was interrupted and beaten but he still got away. He preys on young vulnerable women between the ages of 20 to 31. He roofies them, gets them alone and then rapes them. After he rapes them he paints their finger nails a blue shade. In his latest rape their was blood left behind. He was sloppy. This time he also didn't use a condom. Their was signs of semen in the rape kit. I want everybody working on this day and night" I order.

"Amanda stay with our latest vic. Ella, I don't want her trying to jump out of a window again" I say.

"No problem" she says as she grabs her coat and leaves.

"Carisi and Fin go check out the security footage from the club, maybe we can get something"

"Got it" Carisi replies as he stands up. They both leave.

I sit at my desk and bury my face in my hands. Why haven't we caught his guy yet? It's been 2 weeks since his first rape. He's ruined most of these girls lives. I can't let him ruin another one.