Warning

Elektra

It's 6:00 PM. I have one hour to put my plan into motion. Sarah has one hour to collect the portable essentials for survival. Leo has one hour to read the guards and detect any suspicion that I've flipped sides. Ren has one hour to gather his energy – he's going to be our main force of offense, while I'll be defense. Taser and regular bullets are going to be flying at us from every angle. I'll focus on that while Ren focuses on keeping the power-mimicking Cerberus at bay.

I go to the wall by the gates. On the horizon, the sun is setting and making the world of Asylum almost seem beautiful. But really, Asylum is a place where they segregate the gifted from the normal.

Cerberus stands with his back to the sun. Today, he's on edge. His sandy hair sticks up and his dark gray eyes focus with intensity on the activity below. "Cerberus," I greet with a cool nod.

He grunts as a response. Now, he isn't the fun-loving guy that makes everyone feel at ease. No...now, he's the calloused soldier who's only goal is to eliminate any problem that stands in his way.

"I have information about the escape plan, as well as a plan of our own," I inform, leaning against the cement part of the wall, which is just below barbed wire.

Cerberus hums and nods his head. "Good. I've been given the charge of leading this operation, so any ideas you have can get put into action."

Yeah, I'm counting on it.

I fold my hands together and stare at the sun, wondering if I'll just end up chasing it for the rest of my life after these walls of Asylum. "People like this – the ones who are crazy enough to even come up with the idea of escape – won't stop until they succeed. If we stop the war before it happens, they'll just keep coming at us until they succeed."

Patiently, I wait for a reaction from Cerberus. He's processing my words and turning them over in his head. The amount of tension around him is unnerving. Sure, he's been on edge before, but never like this. But can I blame him? For the first time in Asylum history, a breakout plan will be put into action.

And for the first time in Asylum history, someone will escape.

"What do you suggest?" he inquires, voice like a low growl. When he meets my eyes, all I can make out is malice and malevolence. I imagine that the harsh side of him has been amplified through his MPD.

Containing a smirk, I tell him my plan. "We've got to have a solid reason to lock these guys up for good. This way, we never have to worry about them again. My idea is risky, but we can handle it together."

Nodding, Cerberus heaves a massive sigh. "Again, Elektra: what do you suggest?"

"We let them pass the first wall. If we stage that they broke through, then we can arrest them and put them in the intensive watch cells. They'll never break out of there," I dish out. The only way – and I mean only way to pull this off is to have these first gates open. And the only way to do that is convince Cerberus.

At my plan, he raises his brows in shock. "I know you're rather dangerous, but I didn't think you had this much risk in you. It's almost mad, Elektra. We are opening the doors, figuratively and too literally, for three volatile juveniles to run ramped through the world."

I feel a sour expression cross my face. We were all running ramped through the world before we got scooped up in the arms of this place. How could Cerberus forget that? Or does he remember and he's trying not to?