Plan in Motion

Xavier Walker

I've stuck to the shadows during the day and the isolated rooftops at night, studying the dojo's residents from afar and leaching intel from Reaper. Our deal still stands strong – I supply them with Kya and they supply me with a small amount of money and any information I need. So far, I've gathered everything I need to know about everyone's past; what makes them tick and how they all get along.

Leo is so clingy and comedic to override his hyper mind and childhood, which fell prey to circumstance. He'll do anything for Sarah, and looks at Kya like his best friend.

Sarah's life was pretty typical; living with a divorced and single mother. She defended herself against bigger kids when she first came to Asylum, and will do anything to avoid using her ability. She's very close with Leo and Kya is her role model – a close friend, if not motherly figure.

Elektra's past is spotty – running away from an orphanage, wreaking havoc in Russia through gangs, and getting sucked into an Asylum escape plot. Undoubtedly, she's hungry for power, which may be filling the void caused by abandonment issues.

Kya has a soft, special place in her heart for everyone. Including me. Leo and Sarah were taken under her wings years ago, and her and Elektra and amicable friends. Her and Ren started as enemies, but became something more. As I watch the two dance from the rooftop, I can see that much.

Ren. He's an asshole who doesn't deserve to breathe, let alone be as happy as he is now. After watching him for all these years, I was sure he would shut everyone out forever. But now, as I watch an ancient ceremony that started 100 years ago, the exact opposite is happening.

The Seekers taught me that long ago, a marriage ritual between two beings of supernatural bloodlines could only be joined together if their energies could fuse. It's this same science that allowed Ren to give Kya some of his energy when they first busted out of Asylum. Back then, if the energies couldn't find a way to get along, then the two people couldn't get married. Over time, the ceremony watered down. From a required success to get married, to an activity between two intimate lovers, to a festivity in which two likeminded energies could participate in, it became less and less meaningful. Still, Father stressed the importance of tradition and to honor their original purposes and creators. Ren knows what he's really doing with Kya, as their fire and water mix together in a gaudy spectacle. I doubt Kya has any idea what this really means, but her power knows how to respond.

"Enjoy it while you can," I growl through gritted teeth, watching them from far away. "Because soon, I plan on taking it all away."

Now that I know Ren has an incredible weak spot for Kya, it will make dominating him all the easier. I don't want to hurt Kya, but if that's what I have to do to make him feel maximum pain, then that's what I'll do. I went to save her at the bunker because I was righting my wrong. But this time, it's Ren's fault that she'll get hurt. He should know better than to let anyone close to him, especially since they all end up getting hurt in the end. Fool.

"Xavier," a tired voice calls from below. "This better be important. I was dead asleep until you called. You almost woke up Reaper, you know?"

"Cerberus," I respond. "Always a pleasure." The meetings I've been having with the Cerberus-Reaper duo have mostly just been with Cerberus. I met with him right when I escaped the bunker, reaching the surface then bringing myself back under, where Cerberus was attacking Reaper and she was doing nothing to fight back. I broke them up, Reaper sedated him, and we got him to the room. Reaper was silent, but she mumbled over and over, "I had three days, I had three days, I had three days." Tonight, I've called Cerberus, who is obviously far more approachable than Reaper, and told him I had important information I needed.