Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Mike’s POV

When he woke up on Sunday, he couldn’t comprehend why he was so excited about today. It all came back and hit him and he almost fell over. Chester was part of their band and they had practice in-he checked the clock-twenty minutes.

“Oh shit,” Mike muttered as he climbed out of bed and hurried around his house trying to get ready. He ran out of his house five minutes later, pulling a hat on over his crazy hair and eating a granola bar. He wanted to be there early so Chester didn’t arrive first. He ran up the sidewalk towards Joe’s house and almost ran into Dave who was walking at a slow pace.

“Oh my god, watch it Mike!” Dave said as he jumped out of the way, “Are you ok?”

“Yea just thought I was going to be late,” Mike replied.

“We got ten minutes.”

“Didn’t want Chester to get there first because he feels really uncomfortable around us,” Mike explained.

“So us all being there when he arrives is going to help that somehow?” Dave asked with a grin.

“I just thought he would need us to all be there so he didn’t feel awkward.”

“I get it. I get it.”

They arrived at Joe’s house and saw Joe waiting for them at the door. He waved when Mike and Dave walked up to him.

“Hey Dave, what’s going on?” Joe asked.

“I’m here too,” Mike said with a laugh.

“Yea. But Rob and Brad aren’t. And they’re not coming,” Joe said as he turned to go into the house.

“What do you mean they aren’t coming?” Dave asked angrily as he walked inside after Joe.

“They don’t think Chester is the best choice for the band. Especially since they hate him,” Joe explained.

“So it’ll just be the four of us today,” Mike said.

“And what do we tell Chester? Hey Ches, yea Brad and Rob hate your guts so they’re not coming?” Dave asked rolling his eyes.

“We’ll just tell him that they couldn’t make it today. And hopefully they’ll come around soon,” Mike said and Dave shrugged.

“If that’s what you want to tell him.”

“Well we better figure it out soon because there he is,” Joe said pointing out the window as a small figure made its way down the sidewalk. Mike nodded and went to the front door to greet the newest member of Hybrid Theory.