Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Mike’s POV

          School was starting in three days. Chester was pouting in his room about going. Mike was playing a game on his phone in the chair in his room. He knew Chester didn’t want to go back to school. They had found out that Chester was taking one of the science classes that went on a field trip in the beginning of the year. End of September probably. Mike hadn’t taken that class and now he wouldn’t be able to go with Chester.

          “Hey Chaz, do you want to go out to eat with me?” Mike asked and Chester smiled at him.

          “Yea ok! Let’s go!”

          Mike grinned and led the way out of the house. He climbed into the car and Chester sat down in the passenger seat. It only took them a few minutes to get to the restaurant Mike wanted to go too and they sat down in one of the booths.

          “Why’d you decide to take me out?” Chester asked and Mike shrugged.

          “Figured we might as well celebrate the end of summer with something good,” Mike smiled. Chester nodded slightly as he looked over the menu.

          “Whatcha going to get Mike?”

          “I don’t know. A burger or something,” Mike replied as he set the menu down. He always ordered burgers when he went out to eat. Chester nodded again as he continued studying the menu.

          “Hi Mike!” Mike looked up to see Anna standing there. Was she their waitress?

          “I’m working part time here. Ew, what’s Chester doing here?” she said as she looked over at Chester whose face reddened.

          “Uh, we were hanging out,” Mike said.

          “Why? God, Mike I thought you hated him,” Anna said. Mike couldn’t believe she had the nerve to talk to him in front of Chester like this.

          “He’s my friend.”

          “Since when did you make friends with fags?”

          “Since I stopped making friends with bitches,” Mike said, “Now please go away and tell the manager I would like a new waiter.”

          Anna’s jaw dropped but then she turned and walked away. Chester glanced at Mike for a minute before he turned back to his menu.

          “Thanks Mike,” Chester said and Mike nodded.

          “God, to think I ever liked her,” Mike said rolling his eyes. Chester laughed which made Mike smile.