Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Mike’s POV

          It was storming out. Dave was stretched out on his floor texting someone. Chester was snuggled up next to him under a blanket with his eyes shut but Mike knew he wasn’t asleep. They’d just had a wild Call of Duty tournament. They’d gotten up early-Mike and Chester- and Mike had made waffles again. Chester seemed to like them better every time he ate them. It was good to have Chester back. He was basically healed up. He still limped a little bit but other than that, he was as good as he’d ever be. Mike was doing fine too. His fear of being stabbed by any person on the street was getting less and less significant each day. He had never admitted it to any of his friends but he was pretty sure they could tell. It was only ten in the morning. He grinned as Chester shifted and then sat up.

          “I’m fucking tired Mike! I can’t go to sleep!”

          “You’re always tired. Stay awake for longer than ten minutes!” Mike said with a grin. Chester yawned and stretched his arms over his head.

          “I ate all those waffles this morning. That was longer than ten minutes. And the Call of Duty game was longer than ten minutes too.”

          “Fine. Sleep,” Mike said.

          “I just said I can’t!”

          “Then stay awake!”

          “I’m tired!”

          “Fuck you!”

          “Exactly!”

          “What?”

          “I don’t know.”

          “Chaz….what did you mean by that?”

          “No I didn’t mean it like that. Mike! Come on!”

          “Mhm.”

          “Mike! Come on don’t be like that! I didn’t mean it like that!”

          “I know.”

          “I swear on my life. I don’t want you to fuck me.”

          “Oh so someone else?”

          “Mike stop!”

          “Who is this other guy? Is it Dave?”

          “Leave me out of this!” Dave shouted from the floor.

          “Mike!”

          “Better find that other guy. What are you doing hanging out with me?”

          “Mike! I don’t want anyone to fuck me! If I did then it would be you ok but I don’t want anyone to.”

          “Can we please change the topic!?” Dave yelled.

          “I’m kidding with you Chazzy,” Mike smiled and Chester glared at him. He looked cute when he did that.

          “You basically got me to admit that I want you to fuck me,” Chester said.

          “So you do want me to then?”

          “No! Not now!”

          “When?”