Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Chester’s POV

          As he sat in the park alone he scanned through his phone. He ended up looking back at some of the pictures that Mike had taken. His favorite was the one where Mike had lifted him on his back and then taken a picture of them together. He loved it. Someone approached him and he glanced up to see someone he didn’t want too. Rob.

          “What’s Chazzy doing all alone out here? Where’s your boyfriend?” Rob smirked at him as he sat down across from him. How did Rob know about him and Mike? He swallowed and didn’t respond.

          “You know I was on my way to cause him some trouble. Whoever you associate yourself with gets hurt. Can’t you see that?” He wouldn’t answer to Rob. But the words were causing him pain.

          “Mike is just going to end up like all of them. He’ll get in too deep and then one day he’ll be gone. He’ll end up six feet underground. And you’ll have to live with the thought that its your fault,” Rob hissed. Chester put his head in his arms. He didn’t want to hear what Rob was saying.

          “How will you feel about that? You know what, you can stop that from happening,” Rob nodded at him. Chester stared at him.

          “Leave. Get out of here. Then he won’t get hurt because of you. If you’re gone, he won’t get hurt,” Rob said seriously. And Chester knew he was right. This time he couldn’t fail though. If he left, then Mike would be safe. That’s all he wanted. Rob left him and he sat there for a long time.

          As the light began to vanish, he went to the cliff where he and Mike had kissed for the first time. He wrapped his arms around his body. The impact of the water could hopefully knock him around enough that he could go under quickly. He took a breath and apologized for putting Mike through everything. And then he was falling. It hurt when he landed but it would be over soon.

Mike’s POV

          He was out of bed at 2:30 in the morning and running to the door. Dave was out in his truck waiting to give Mike a ride. He was already upset. The article flew through his mind.

          At ten-thirty on July 30th, a seventeen-year-old boy was found lying on the shore of South Isle Beach. The boy was identified as Chester Bennington. He has a history of attempted suicide as he overdosed earlier in the summer. He is in critical condition and doctors are not sure if he will make it.

          It went on having different information on what had happened but Mike hadn’t read much more past any of that. He had told Dave to drive over so they could go. And now he was sitting in the truck getting ready to go to the hospital for the second time this summer.

          When they got there, Mike was out and charging into the hospital again. The woman at the desk recognized him and smiled sadly.

          “Hello Mike. I was hoping not to see you anymore. But I can take you back,” she said and he nodded. He followed the woman back to Chester’s room. It was the same one that Chester had been in before. But this time, two doctors stood outside the door.

          “I need to see Chester,” Mike said looking at the two doctors who simultaneously shook their heads.

          “We can’t let you in there right now,” the one said.

          “I need to go in there!” Mike said as he took a step forward.

          “You can’t.”