Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Chester’s POV

          It’d been five days since Mike had told him to not come back. Chester had attempted calling him a few times but Mike hadn’t answered. But not today. Mike called him in the early afternoon. He answered it almost immediately.

          “Mike!” Chester said as he picked up the phone.

          “Hey Chaz. Uh….my parents left. Do you want to come on over?” Mike asked.

          Chester was climbing off of his bed before Mike had even finished his question, “Yea. I’ll be over.”

          It only took him a few minutes to get over to Mike’s house. Chester smiled at him as Mike opened the door for him. As soon as he was inside he turned and wrapped his arms around Mike. Mike seemed surprised at first but then he immediately hugged Chester back.

          “I’m sorry I pushed you away,” Chester said softly and Mike sighed softly.

          “I’m not mad at you Chaz. I deserved what you did. I’m just glad you’re back,” Mike said as he pulled Chester against him. Chester felt safe again next to Mike. Mike slowly walked backwards keeping Chester pulled against him and then he sat down on the couch. He brought Chester down on top of him and kissed him. Chester kissed him and then moved so he sat down next to Mike. Mike kept his arm wrapped around him. He smiled at Mike who grinned back.

          “So how was your party at Dave’s?” Mike asked as he kissed Chester’s hair.

          “It was good. We played video games all night,” Chester said as he shifted so his head was resting on Mike’s shoulder.

          “I bet you did. Dave loves his video games,” Mike laughed. Chester grinned.

          “I beat him a few times.”

          “Good. We don’t need him to have a huge ego,” Mike said as he pulled Chester as close as he could. Chester didn’t mind though. Right now he really needed the contact. Having Mike next to him was the best thing he could have. This is what he needed. Chester snuggled up next to Mike so he was comfortable and let his head fall to Mike’s chest. He didn’t know how long they stayed like that but it was a while.

And then all of a sudden, someone grabbed his collar and literally threw him off the couch into the table. His back collided with the corner of it and he lost all the air in his body. Tears came into his eyes. His breathing hitched every time he tried to take a breath. Mike was scrambling off the couch towards him. His vision was blurry and the pain in his back was a little too much. He gasped again as Mike put his hand comfortingly on his back.

“So this is him then?”

“Dad get out of here!”

“No, you listen here Mike, the reason that you think you love him is because he’s shoved those thoughts into your head. He acts like a bitch just so he can get your affection.”

Chester felt more tears well in his eyes. What was going on?

“Don’t talk about him like that!” Mike said angrily but Chester could tell he had tears in his eyes too.

“This little fag has made you think differently. He’s turning you against everything that you used to know. He’s turning you against us!”

“He’s not a fag! And the only person that’s ever turned me against you is you! You left me at home like this forever! And now apparently its wrong to let other people care about you?!”