Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Unknown POV

          A lone figure walked slowly across the beach. It was raining hard and there was a little wind but he could see alright. He’d been looking for someone who’d escaped him. Then he saw him. Standing up on the cliff with another boy. That one boy who had come to the house once. They had their arms wrapped around each other. Well he had a plan, no son of his was going to turn into some faggot. He was going to teach that boy a lesson. And leave the other one heartbroken. That’s what they deserved.

Mike’s POV

          It was a sunny summer evening. He’d wanted to take Chester out somewhere but the other boy had to call him and tell him that they’d have to go tomorrow because his dad was going to be home. It had been two weeks since they’d kissed on the cliff and Chester’s withdrawal symptoms had gotten a little better. He wasn’t getting sick as often which was good.

          Mike was currently drawing Chester. He had become very obsessive with drawing the other boy. He’d even had Chester lie in the grass for an hour so he could get a basic sketch of his body for the drawing he was going to do. He remembered how they’d talked about almost anything and then Mike had put down his sketch to lie next to him for a little while. And Chester asked if he could kiss him again and they had. He smiled at the memory and continued to draw the little details of Chester’s tattoos on his arms.

          He continued to draw Chester until his pencil slipped in his hand and a line went down Chester’s face. He cursed and went to erase the line but stopped. The way the line went, it looked like Chester was crying. Mike jumped out of the bed realizing that he couldn’t leave Chester at home tonight. Something wasn’t right. He was out the door in an instant, running towards Chester’s house.

Chester’s POV

          He sat alone in his room with the door locked. He was afraid of what would happen to him if he left the room. His dad was downstairs and if he went down there without being called down, he’d get in a ton of trouble. He’d get in a ton of trouble no matter what. He sighed and thought of Mike. He’d wanted Chester to come over tonight but he had to say no. His dad wouldn’t want him to leave the house.

          For once, there were actually lights on in his home. Usually it was just dark and scary. But the living room light was on and so was the kitchen. He wondered if his dad was actually not drunk today but that would be a huge surprise.

          “Chester!” Well here it came. The good night couldn’t last forever. He slowly moved to his door and opened it. He walked down the stairs and into the living room. His dad was waiting for him on the couch.

          “What d-do you need?” Chester asked cautiously.

          “Oh there’s a lot of things I need Chazzy. A lot of things.” Chester swallowed but didn’t say anything in reply. He began to back away from the couch, realizing he was too close but it didn’t help. His dad grabbed his arm and basically threw him across the room. He landed hard on the ground, ramming his head and neck into the hard cabinet on the floor. His dad grabbed his collar and pulled him roughly off the ground and towards the stairs. He heard someone scream outside and saw Mike running across the street, almost getting hit by a car.

          “Mike!!!!” Chester screamed as he tried to pull away from his dad. All he wanted was for Mike to be here to save him,

          “Mike….Please!” Chester sobbed as he was dragged up the stairs and Mike was lost from view.