Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Mike’s POV

          They were practicing for their performance. It was three days away and they were all pumped. Chester was bouncing around the studio in his new pair of Converse shoes he’d gotten for his birthday from Dave. Mike had given him enough money to let him get another tattoo which was on his leg. It was the soldier from their artwork. Mike had drawn the front that they wanted for their first album and since they decided to keep it like that, Chester had decided to get it tattooed on his leg. It looked so cool. Mike had decided that they should perform their newest song, In My Remains, at the club. They also decided to do Numb, Papercut, and Breaking the Habit. Depending on how much time they had, they might do From the Inside as well.

          “I think that’s good!” Dave said as Chester finished singing.

          “I think we’re ready for tomorrow,” Brad agreed. Joe and Rob nodded. Mike smiled.

          “This is going to be great!” Mike said as Chester sat down on the couch in the basement. Rob joined him.

          “Another performance. I can’t wait,” Chester said with a smile.

          “I think we’re all pretty damn excited,” Rob said with a grin. It was true. They were all ready to perform. It was still a little scary but this time they knew what they were going to do. They knew how to handle the crowd.

          “Yea, Mike Shinoda, he did a great job tonight didn’t he!?” Chester yelled and Mike laughed as Chester waited for an imaginary crowd to answer him.

          “Everyone say Fuck You Mike!” Chester yelled again and Mike pushed him softly.

          “Oh come on, you had fun too,” Chester said with a grin. Mike smirked at him.

          “I did. It was a great night.”

          Dave grinned as he sat down on the other side of Chester, “Can’t wait to see what you come up with for Saturday.”

          “Me neither,” Chester said and Rob laughed with Mike this time.

          “Oh hang on! Guys I have a song,” Chester said and the group smiled at each other. Chester always had a song.

          “Shit, it’s at my house. I haven’t worked on it in a long time. I forgot about it,” Chester said angrily. Mike shrugged. It wasn’t that big of an issue. They didn’t need one song.

          “I can get it. My dad’s not home on Wednesdays. He goes out to drink. I can go in and grab the lyrics,” Chester said and Mike glanced warily at Chester.

          “Chaz, its fine. You don’t have to go,” Dave said and Mike inwardly sighed in relief.