Chapter One: The Awakening

Numb. Empty.

I surface into a conscious but confused state, unable to feel anything. Slowly but surely, reality drips in, soaking my mind. I feel like I have a concussion. Not in the sense of anything hurting, but in the way that it is a hard and slow process to take in information. As if my thoughts have to load like a computer before I can actually process them.

I can't move.

I'm awake, but I can't open my eyes nor feel any other parts of my still body.

Have I died? Is this what death feels like?

No, it can't be.

Yet, I can't be sure due to the lack of my memory at the moment.

Tom. That's my name. But that's it, that's all I can recall.

I am suddenly aware of a steady beeping to the immediate left of me as well as some occasional shuffling just beyond that. I'm probably not dead then, at least I hope that's what that means.

Is someone there?

I unsuccessfully attempted to force my mouth to utter words, but even if I could, what would I say?

Questions begin to flood my head almost quicker than I can come up with them, causing me to begin to feel slightly overwhelmed.

After a brief period of a typing noise emerging from where the shuffling was coming from earlier, a rough, male voice disrupts both my thoughts and the almost silent atmosphere.

"Sir, he is conscious but still in the activated paralyzed state. The program appears to be efficient."

After a few seconds of nothing except the continuous beeping, there is some static and another voice in response to the first one. This voice, however, I am unable to make out what it is saying as it sounds like it's coming over a small radio of sorts and may have some kind of accent to it.

"Okay, on it, sir," the first voice responds.

Almost immediately, I feel a strange warmth spread through my entire body, starting at my left forearm, almost as if something was injected into my veins. I can now feel almost all of me except the top area of my face right above my nose. I didn't realize until now just how cold I was before.

But I still can't move.

With everything going on, panic rushes through me and quickly overcomes me. Breathing becomes heavy and difficult and very swiftly becomes all I can hear. The sound of my own breath heaving. I feel hot as sweat drips down my neck. I really am dying this time.

Tom, calm down. You need more information first. You have to calm down.

I can't think straight. I hardly feel like I can think at all. It's too much. I can't-

In my freaked out state, I don't even hear the door open as someone else enters the room.

"Sir he's-" begins the rough voice that I heard earlier but is barely audible to me at this point. Something silences him just as quickly as he started speaking and something... metallic feeling suddenly grips my shoulder, giving me a small shake.

"Hey Tom, relax." I recognize the voice from the assumed radio from earlier. Now, it presents itself much clearer with a very thick... I think it's a Norwegian accent. "Heh... You're still the same freak out Tom I've always known, eh? You should be able to move again soon but we wanted to avoid... anything happening during your... procedure."

Not feeling very reassured, my panic persists. I couldn't tell if he had so many pauses because he was trying to find the words in English, or if he was carefully choosing his words and was trying to find the right ones to say.

"You're safe now." I can almost hear a smirk spread across their face by his tone. It was most likely meant to be helpful, but there is an odd familiarity to the voice that I can't place that makes it unsettling.

Something feels... off.

The metallic pressure on my shoulder releases as I calm down ever so slightly.

With not many options remaining, I focus on attempting to move my fingers and toes. After a short while, I move on to my arms and legs as it gets easier and easier to move various parts of me. My limbs are quickly moveable, but only to an extent as plastic feeling cuffs still hold them down. I assume that was also for the "procedure." Within moments, I am able to move everything but have not yet dared to try to open my eyes in fear of what might present itself before me.

As I finally do attempt to open my eyes, they feel different from when I moved any other part of my body. Not in the way that my right arm oddly feels different from my left, but in the way that the rest of me felt physical when I moved whereas this... This felt more... Electrical?

My vision starts of blurred but quickly clears almost like a camera lense deciding what to focus on. Right away, the brightness of the all white room is very obvious and almost blinding.

"You may return to your boyfriend now," says the very thick Norwegian accent. I look to my left to see who I'm guessing was the first voice I heard. He was a tall, uniformed, rough looking guy. Looking frazzled, he opens his mouth as if to protest, but obviously embarrassed rushes out the solid metal door exiting the room.

There are no windows. Comforting.

I look to the right to find the source of the voice from earlier. There is a guy who is a little on the younger side, just grinning a big smile at me. He is dressed semi similarly to that of the first guy with a long, military style overcoat buttoned up on top of what appears to be a red hoodie that's complimented by his black pants and shoes. His caramel brown hair is flicked up into the shape of what seems to be two horns, and his hair partially covers an eyepatch where one of his eyes should be. The weirdest part though, of this strange sight, is how his coat sleeve was cut short on the same side as his bad eye, revealing a robot arm in place of where his real arm should be. It's a bright red color that matches his hoodie and his one visible eye.

He smirks as he sees that I notice his arm and waves as if to show it off almost.

"Hello, old friend," he grins. It is a simple phrase, but something that sounded so friendly yet sinister all the same.

I open my mouth to respond, but only a cough finds its way out as my scratchy throat prevents me from speaking. How long have I been out? What happened to me? What happened to him? Who is he? Where am I?

"Ah, relax Tom, we have a lot of catching up to do." Almost like he knew what I wad thinking. Though, who wouldn't be asking the same questions in my boat? Whatever boat it is that I'm in.

What did I get myself into?
**********************************
Authors Note:
Hey guys! So it's been such a long time since I've written a fanfic but I'm so obsessed with this fandom its almost unhealthy XD Anyways, please leave some feedback on this chapter if you like because if enough people like it then Ill continue writing it! Thanks, guys. Bye!

Edit: Years later I am updating this again! Despite it being a fanfic I wrote in Highschool because of the plot, it's always been something I have kinda been proud of. I actually have some IRL friends going to read this soon so wish me good luck!