Chapter Thirteen: Inner Demons

Edd's POV:

"Ell?" My eyes go wide as I finally realize the identity of the stranger standing before me. "How-?" I stop. I don't even know where to start. How did she get here? I thought the mirror broke in the explosion. Also, how did she know where to find me and why is she here? 

"How did I get here?" She asks as if reading my mind. "When the war broke out in our dimension, Tamara had the idea of coming to this dimension for help. They would have come with me, but in my dimension, Tamara is still leading the blue resistance. When I went through the mirror, I found myself in a pile of rubble and ash. After asking around with the very few people left on the streets, I had heard of what had happened and sought out for the blue resistance here right away. It was hard, but I eventually came upon the very few of them that were left, and after a bit of self explaining, they filled me in. It seems like things are even more rough here." She nervously laughed at the last part after finishing her explanation. Maybe that darn mirror was actually magic if it somehow survived the explosion. 

"There is a war in your dimension, too?" 

"Yes, just as your friend, whatever his name is, is trying to take over your dimension. Our ex friend Tori is doing the same in ours." She looks saddened at the mention of Tori's name. 

She pulled out a picture of the four of them, frowning at it before showing me. It was scarily similar to one that Tord, Matt, Tom, and I have taken before that I always have on me, too. Of course, besides the fact that they were all girls.  The four of them were lined up with their arms around each other, each of them smiling. Well, except Tamara, who still seemed happy but was obviously slightly annoyed by Tori, it seemed. Tori, of course, looked almost exactly like Tord. She had the same basic hairstyle, horns, and all, but the back of her hair was just a bit longer and pulled into a ponytail. She even wore a red hoodie that matched Tords. I shivered at the shocking resemblance as well as the what I now recognize as evil smile they both share. I pull out my picture, handing it to Ell. She had almost the same reaction to mine as I had to hers. 

"So the blue resistance is still together in your dimension?" I ask, breaking the awkward silence. 

"Yeah, but the war still isn't going well. After seeing what it's like here, though..." She trails off. At least she was smart and didn't make the same mistakes I have made. Our resistance would probably be in the same place as theirs if not for me. Tom and Matt would still be here, too. I didn't cry earlier, but there wasn't much stopping me now. Tears well in my eyes to the point where Ell is just a blur of green and black in front of me.

"Hey... Edd, It's not your fault, okay? We can still fix this. If we work together..." I think she could see in my face that I wasn't convinced. She stopped, thinking for a moment. 

"Edd, you don't have to be alone anymore." I looked at her in the eyes for the first time in a while, and a few more tears slipped down my cheeks. 

"I don't want to lose you too..." I choaked.  It was true. I meant it in a non-romantic way, of course. I just honestly couldn't lose anyone else to Tord. I might not be egotistical enough to date another version of me, but I would consider her a friend.

"You won't, okay? We have each other, and we will finish this together, okay?" I nod, wiping my face with my sleeve. God, I still am such a baby sometimes. Either way, there is still hope.

Tom's POV:

I look between Tord and the broken wall. He is staring at the ground, his visible eye practically glowing a pure silver and filled with rage. His hands are balled into fists so hard that I can hear his metal hand slightly creaking in resistance, and his knuckles on his good hand are pure white.