Chapter Fifteen: Tom's Always Drunk

Tom's POV:

I feel a slight warmth spread throughout my body, as the alcohol settles in my system. I wasn't by any means drunk yet, but boy did I want to be. This was just a lot to take in. Everything has been since I woke up in this strange place. 

"That is  enough for today." Tord nods at the researcher who scribbles a few things down on a clip board hastily. "We will pick this up tomorrow morning at 8 am sharp." 

Awe, but I was having so much fun~ It's been so long since I have been out.... Tomster chimes in. 

I wanted to ask what Tomster meant, but I didn't get the chance. Tord began to walk towards the door but stopped next to me. He grabbed my injured arm, causing me to wince slightly at the pain. I didn't feel it really when I transformed, but now that it was all said and done, I can tell all the commotion damaged it even more. If not for the alcohol, it would probably hurt a lot more than it does now. Still holding my arm with his robot arm, he grabbed his chin in concentration with his other hand, observing my wound. 

"Seems like you need to be patched up again..." he starts, smirking rather sadistically. Does he enjoy my pain? Furthermore, is it mine specifically, or any pain in general?

"Yeah, no thanks to you..." I think to myself. I still don't think that punch was necessary, especially with where he decided to do it.

"I'll let the doctor know you're heading down his way." He drops my arm, and I let it fall carefully to my side. He pulls out his radio and begins to stroll towards the door casually as if nothing had just happened. Just before he is about to leave, he stops once more looking back at me. Pulling out the flask from earlier, he tosses it to me, and with the aid of my visor, I catch the metal canister with ease. He gives me an odd side glance before finally disappearing out of the lab that would probably be a wink if he had both eyes. His voice begins to slowly get quieter as he goes farther down the hall, talking to the doctor on the radio. 

"Tom, are you okay?" I jump a little as the woman's voice surprised me. I was starting to zone out a bit. I didn't really know how to answer her. I unscrewed the top of the cold canister and chug down what was left of its contents. I didn't mind the burn as it went down my throat. It actually felt good in comparison to my arm. I feel my body begin to go slightly numb, and I smile semi warmly at the scientist before leaving through the same exit Tord did. Slipping the flask into my vest pocket, I stumble down the halls and to the medical ward. I'll return it later.  

I was definitely a lot closer to being drunk now. I usually do better with a bit of alcohol in me anyways according to Tord. Currently, I might just have a little too much in me, but I can still focus. Kind of. 

 Finally arriving, I push open the doors to the hospital wing a little too hard as I nearly fall into them. A loud slam rang out as both doors made contact with the adjacent walls earning the attention of a tall man with blonde hair and very round glasses that take up about half his face,  who peaks his head around the corner. In my questionably sober state, I hardly recognized him as the Red Army's doctor. 

"Tom! What happened?" The man exclaims, rushing over. His eyes were immediately drawn to my now even more tattered clothing and bloodied arm. 

"Didn't Torddd tell youuu?" The doctor seemed quite surprised at the mention of Red Leader's actual name. He could probably tell I was intoxicated from the slur of my words that, even in this state, I can tell it is present. He quickly moves on.

"Red Leader said you were coming down, but he didn't include any details." He sighs exasperated and his eyes wide with worry. "I told him you should take it easy." His eyes move quickly all the same, taking in the situation. He is good at what he does, I'll give him that.