Chapter Twenty Six: All of the Fluff

Tom's POV:

After declaring his victory, Tord got off me looking as smug as ever. I think it is safe to say, though, that this is one of the first and probably only losses I enjoyed as much as I did.

"C'mon, let's get outta here." He smiles, pointing behind him into the maze of black and neon walls.

"Which way is out?" I ask honestly, not knowing. His smile fades as he comes to an obvious realization that I could tell by the look on his face.

He had no idea.

"Uhhh..."

"You don't know. How do you not know how to get out of something built by your army, Mr. advanced technology?"

"Like I said, Paul and Pat built it for me. I don't know the layout at all, really, besides the little bit I saw while playing with you." He shrugged. "Hmm.." He hummed, trying to work that big brain of his. He seemed to be deep in contemplation about something. Suddenly, he turns away from me and pulls something out of his pocket.

Then my visor goes black.

"T-Tord?" I put my arms out, feeling around for something to stabilize myself with, with the sudden lack of vision.

"Eh? Oh, yeah, uh, one sec Witness."

"Y'know it would be nice if you warn me before doing these things, whatever it is you do when this happens..." I grumble, finally finding a shorter wall to lean against.

"I could... But this is more fun though," Tord mocks. I can practically hear his grin in his voice.

"What are you doing anyways? How much can, whatever that device is, control? What does it do? Why does it have so much control over my visor?" A lot of the questions I have built up over a while begin to spill out all at once. I knew, though I probably wouldn't get all the answers I was looking for.

I was right, too, because all I heard was Tord chuckle.

"All in good time, my dear Thomas."

"What is that supposed to mean?!?!"

Tomster begins to laugh at me in my head.

"Hey, I don't need your sass right now..." I think to him, careful not to react at all in a way Tord could tell.

I didn't say anything... He laughs even more.

"Once your vision comes back... It may take a second to readjust..."

"Wha-" My visor hums quietly as it comes back on. At first, I had no idea what he meant. The world before me appeared again, and everything was clear and normal until I'm guessing whatever new features Tord was messing with kicked in. My visor began to glitch a bit, zooming in and out, turning everything different shades of blue and then going back to normal. "What did you do?!" I finally finish asking. relocating the wall to keep me stable as my vision twisted and shifted before me.

"Okay, Tom, calm down and focus, okay? Close your... uh... eyes? and face towards the wall next to me." Wanting things to go back to normal, I comply and do as I was told. "It may sound dumb but now open your eyes and focus on the wall and what is on it."

He was right. It did sound dumb, but I still didn't argue. I open my digital eyes and focus on the wall before me. Like all the other ones in this darn maze, it was black and outlined in orange neon paint with splashes of other neon paints on it.

"Okay... now, focus on what is behind the wall."

"What do you mean behind the wall? How do I know what is behind the wall?"