Chapter Sixteen: Dangerous Sleep Walking

Tom's POV:

Black.

Am I asleep? I am just in some kind of weird black void. It's all I see. All I hear is what sounds like wind almost, rushing by in the nothingness. I can't feel anything either. Where am I?

"Tomster?" I call out, my words echoing throughout the blackness.

No reply. Not for a while, at least.

I'm just having some fun~

Screaming, gunshots, and yelling fill my ears.

"What's going on???"

The yelling and blackness continue, and then I hear Tord call my name.

And then, nothing.

Tord's POV:

Tom, what did you get yourself into this time? I passed his room door, which is now completely shattered into wooden bits. I stopped briefly observing the damage.

"Thomas?!"

I wasn't expecting a response, but I was hopeful. My hope, of course, was pointless. I take off again into an even quicker sprint down the hall. I don't know which way to go, so I just follow the screams. The base is chaos. Soldiers are running in all directions, trying to figure out what's going on. Out of all the yells, all I could make out was something about a purple monster. Tom.

I skid around the corner and met almost face to face with what everyone had been talking about. Tom's final monster form.

Tom was already a little taller than me, but this is ridiculous.

He now towers over me as a huge purple mass of scales and claws. It was horrifying. He leans forward, making him even more intimidating the closer he gets. I swear I nearly go deaf as he roars in my face. It was so loud that I felt my bones actually shake to the deep and loud noise. I back up slightly thinking of what to do.

I didn't believe it at first because it should be impossible for him to fully transform like this. The programs were supposed to prevent it. He doesn't even remember this form, so how would he know to anyway? What is he doing?

His large mouth curls into a monstrous smirk as he walks closer. I continue to back up, quickly finding my back against the wall. My hand instinctively finds its way to the handle of one of my guns. Soldiers line up behind him and take aim. I already know it won't do anything. The beast is practically indestructible. Almost.

"Tom, transform back. That's an order." I demand knowing it may not work. Whenever he would turn into this form, his visor was never really effective. The nearby soldiers appear even more confused. None of them really know too much about Tom overall nor his abilities. The only response Tom provides is a demonic laugh as he raises one of his arms to strike. Something tells me this isn't really Tom...

He swings down, and I roll to the side, barely avoiding the attack. In his monster form, he is insanely fast and recovers immediately, ready to swing again. There is no way I could compare to this. He swings again with his other hand, hitting me square in the chest and sending me flying down the hall. I land down the hall on my back with a loud crack. Shots sound out as panicked soldiers fire at the purple monster, and the bullets bounce harmlessly off his back. I look down the hall to my right to see the lead scientist jogging with a large gun in hand that she was struggling to carry.

"Hurry!" She yells, handing me the gun. "It's a tranquilizer gun that will knock him out and force him to transform back. Hopefully." She backs up slightly, giving me room. We both know where his weak points were. I sit up to take aim, taking heavy breaths. My chest is on fire, and everything hurts.