Chapter Seventeen: Just Like Old Times

Tom's POV:

I groan as I begin to wake up, blinking away the tiredness of last night. I hear a faint buzz as my visor powers up fully and quickly fades to the silence it always has. Rolling over in bed, I lift my head towards the nightstand to get a good view of the clock.

7:55 am.

It's almost eight! I'm supposed to meet Tord in the lab! I'm not sure what woke me up, but I'm happy I woke up when I did.

I immediately shoot up out of bed, a little too quickly, might I add. Before I know it, I'm on the floor with a face full of carpet. Regaining my composure, I lift myself off the floor and stumble a bit before I finally get up straight. I go to find my outfit for the day before a note on my closet door stops me.

Wear the temporary uniform left for you in your bathroom for today's training. ~R.L.

Maybe they got tired of me ripping and getting blood all on the nicer clothing that my usual uniform is. Either way, I'm pressed for time, so I hurry to the bathroom. Before me on the counter is today's painkillers as well as what I assume to be my "temporary training outfit." I take the pills, then lift the odd uniform up to my body and observe it in the mirror.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't too different from my previous uniform in design. It had the same color scheme with black pants, a deep blue long sleeved shirt, and the familiar black and white patches that cover a portion of each shoulder. There was also a small red emblem sewn over the chest that I have seen quite a bit around the base. My guess is it may be some symbol for the army.

The clothing itself seemed huge. It was of some sort of athletic and more durable material, but it seemed like it would be very big and baggy on me. I guess I should try it on. It's not like I have a choice.

I shrug and hastily exchange my sleepwear for the odd set of clothes before me. I first put on the shirt, which, as I guessed, was pretty big on me, at first. The feeling didn't last long as the shirt adjusted to my body fitting perfectly suddenly. It clung to my skin like a wet suit almost but wasn't too tight and was more comfortable than one, too. I repeat the same process with the pants that react in the same exact way. The technology here really is advanced. Just before I leave, I notice a black pair of combat boots that I assume go with the outfit and slip them on.

Exiting the bathroom, I take another look at the clock.

7:59 am.

Oh, shi- I don't even have time to finish my thoughts before I sprint out the door. I thought I was much faster with changing. I guess I got distracted by the weird technology.

I ran through the halls as fast as I could, nearly knocking into several soldiers as I flew by.

Want some help~?

Miraculously, I begin to go even faster as my legs half turn into my monster form's legs, giving me extra strength and speed.

"Tom?!" I hear my name called out ahead and searched for the source. Matt stands wide eyed in the hall in front of me but going as fast as I am I didn't really have the necessary preparations to stop and I smack into the ginger causing us both to fall to the ground.

"Heyareyouokay?I'msosorry butIreallygottagorightnow.I'minarushbutIwilltalktoyoulaterIswear." I breathe out quickly before getting up and continuing down the hall in hopes of not getting late or at least being less late.

I near the lab and quickly turn into the door once again, running into someone else. This person is a bit more prepared somehow and stops me before too much damage can be done. They grab me by the shoulders practically lifting me back to my feet. I look to their face to find mine only inches from the familiar Norwegians face.