Chapter Twenty Seven: The Night of A Full Moon

Tom's POV:

It was all so real.

I stood in front of a yellow house. There was yelling and loud booming, but I couldn't manage to make any of it out. I look up to the sky to see a giant... robot? The bright red metal glints off the shine of the sun. Whoever is operating it is behind purple glass in the head, though I can't make out who it is. I heard my name yelled to the right of me by an unknown person, but it was all too late. I turn to see a missile heading straight for me. There's nothing I can do. 

It connects with the building behind me in a blur of white. I don't see anything, hear anything, or feel anything until suddenly all I feel is fire. It spreads all throughout my body in an excruciating pain. Worse than anything I have ever felt, I believe. It was the worst in my arm where I already knew it had got cut open pretty badly as I felt warm liquid pour down my sleeve. Everything smelt of metal. I couldn't tell if it was from the rocket or my blood. Pieces of the destroyed building covered me completely. The weight hurt, and it was getting hard to breathe. 

Am I going to die here? 

"Tom?" 

I'm down here, help! 

I wanted to yell, but I couldn't say anything. 

Then something touched my back. Looking up, I find myself in the train car again with Tord. That wasn't real? But it felt like I was actually feeling all of it... All of the pain... Was it a memory? 

"Tord... what was that city we just saw?" It was too familiar but so unfamiliar at the same time. Like anything and everything else for me that I just can't quite grasp. 

"Just some houses for a nearby city... Why do you ask Thomas?" 

"I... don't know. I just saw the city and the destroyed buildings...

...I think I was shot by a rocket there." 

I sniffle and look up to Tord, who briefly paused for a moment. 

"What do you mean?" He cautiously inquires.  He suddenly seemed... tense? But why? Does he know anything about that? I mean, I don't know who the other people were in... whatever that was, but maybe he was one of them?

"I just had a vision... or possibly a memory? I was shot by some robot with a missile in it... There were other people but in the intensity of it all... I couldn't make out many of the specifics..." 

"I see... Tom, remember how I said you had an accident that resulted in your visor and memory loss?" I nodded, and Tord looked away, glancing out the train door. "Oh! We have to go or we will miss our stop!" He jumps up and braces himself by the side of the door. "Ready, Tom?"

"Don't tell me, not only did we jump into a moving train, but now we are going to jump out of one too?!"

"Yep! Don't worry. It slows down a bit up here. I think." You can tell by the look on his face that he questions himself a bit until he sorts whatever worries he had and finishes off with that famous wicked grin of his.

"You really are insane." I mock playfully, completely forgetting about our previous conversation. 

"Why, thank you." He holds out his robot hand to me why using his real one to keep him upright in the door frame.

As the train sped through the trees, a slight breeze blew through the car, ruffling his hair slightly. The contrast of the red of his eyes with the green rushing by in the back made his eyes seem to glow. They twinkled with the adrenaline pumping through him like the night sky above him. He was dangerous but beautiful like fire, and I couldn't help but stare. It was just dark enough out to be night but light enough to see him. The farther we got from the cities, the darker it got. Thankfully, it was a full moon that cast bright enough light to be able to see still. It wouldn't matter too much for me because of the night vision on my visor, but all the same, it was nice not to have to use it.