Chapter Twenty Eight: Don't Mess With Tord

Tord's POV:

Everything went in slow motion. 

"THOMAS-!"

"Don't shoot!" 

Bang 

I saw Tom. The red dot still on his face as he turned to me, grinning. I saw the grin slowly fade as he saw my panic in my face. I saw his mouth move, about to form words, but he never got the chance. The bullet collided.

I look away, unable to look at him. Tom, why do you have such an impact on me? What did you do to me? It hurt. He was gone, and it was my fault. I should have - I could have - my mind was racing a thousand miles a second. 

I punch the wall so hard that the part I was behind actually broke and yelled. And it was loud. Everything went silent for a minute, sending me even farther over the edge.  

I pull out two hand guns, and I don't hold back. It was as if my monster side, if I were to have one, was unleashed. Leaving mass destruction in my path. The battle had begun again, but this time, we weren't going to be tied. And we weren't going to lose. One by one, I shoot enemy soldiers with the best accuracy I have probably ever had in my life. I think it took the army by surprise because there was fear and shock and confusion. And I loved it. 

After only a few minutes of hard fighting, we had the obvious lead, and the enemy team began to retreat. That didn't stop me, though. I wasn't done with them. I ran after the fleeing team like a mad man, both guns blazing.

"SIR?!" I hear Paul and Patryck retort in unison behind me, but I didn't care. 

While following the enemy team, I still managed to take out quite a few of them. As I got closer, I noticed a few snipers attempting to quickly out of the trees they were stationed at. Specifically, I saw the one who was at just the right spot to shoot Tom. I got up to the man at lighting fast speed, making sure not to show mercy. 

I jumped on him, pinning him to the same darn tree he shot Tom from. 

"Was it you?!" I boom, getting close to his face while holding a gun to his temple. The man shook his head, whimpering slightly. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to mess with me either. Either way, he did, though, and it was now his problem. I knew he was lying, and I wouldn't tolerate it. Even if it wasn't him, someone would have hell to pay. I shoot him in the arm, causing a loud cry of pain from him.

"I asked if it was you... Now, are you going to be honest so we can make this quick and not slow and painful? Slow and painful for you that is. I will enjoy it." I snarl, and the guy beneath me is practically sobbing at this point. No, he was sobbing, but I didn't care.

"Tord. That's enough." Who I assume to be Patryck behind me says.

"He has. To Pay." I hiss tightening my grip on the gun in my hand. 

"Tom's alive." With that, I broke. Realty flooded in, and I simultaneously released the guy and the gun in my hand. 

"What?" I croaked. Come on, Tord. Keep it together. Since when are you so emotional? I shook the thought from my head and attempted to process what he was telling me. I heard somewhere behind me the guy stumble away, but I was too distracted to care. "How?" I ask slightly, regaining my composure. 

"When you called him, you got his attention enough for him to turn his head. In doing so, the bullet only made contact with the side of his visor. The visor was completely destroyed, but he should be okay -" 

I didn't let him finish. My feet moved before I could tell them to. Almost instantly, I was by Tom's side again. Paul was leaning over him, inspecting his wound, and I nearly shoved him over. Tom was alright. At least, all right enough. His visor was only stuck in pieces to his face. Exposed wires were sticking out, and the scars around his 'eyes' from the procedure were much more visible with the visor gone. He had tiny glass bits from his visor stuck in his skin, and his visor was done for, but besides that...