Chapter 1

'Mum, hurry up, you need to take me to school or I am going to be late!'I shouted upstairs. 

I had already woken up late that morning but my mum was still not out of bed. I had been late to school for the past few days, another day would mean another detention for me. Great!

I didn't know what it was but as soon as I became a teenager, all I loved was sleep and I would savour it every second.

My mum hurried down the stairs with her gorgeous brown hair in a messy top knot, looking perfect as usual without even trying.

 "Mum, you can't take me to school in your pyjamas; you don't know how embarrassing that is!" I said to her as she placed a sloppy kiss on my nose and told me to stop being such a drama queen.

It was ten minutes before I was meant to be in class and it would be the quickest ten minutes of my life. 

 I dragged my mum out of the house and ran to the car. Whilst I was waiting for her to lock up, I noticed something different, a new family had moved in next door and their curtains were wide open so I was able to see inside. There were two parents, who looked around 40 and a boy who looked about my age.

I was trying to get a better look at him when he turned around and glared at me. His hazel coloured eyes had flecks of gold surrounding the iris making them look as though a fire was burning inside of them. He also had dark brown hair, which looked normal at first glance but if you looked closely, you could see red streaks scattered through it.

As soon as I caught eye contact with him, everything stopped.

I realized that I had been staring at him for quite some time so I quickly turned away hoping he hadn't realized just how long I had been looking at him.

What a great first impression to make!

The house had been deserted for many years as the old neighbours had disappeared without a trace, so it was strange seeing it occupied again. It was a very old house, which made it even more surprising that someone was living in it. It was  dark grey and dotted with tiny windows.

"Katrina" mum called.  I hated it when she called me by my full name, I preferred 'Kat'. 

"Come and say hello to our new neighbours," she added.

I grumbled and pulled myself out of the car. Why did my mum always have to please everyone. I was definitely going to be late now.

Walking over to my mother, I noticed that the boy had disappeared and it was only his parents who were stood outside. They didn't look anything like him; they both had blonde hair, the complete opposite to his. The mother had green eyes and had a huge grin plastered on her face and the father wore a dark grey suit, which highlighted his blue eyes. Looking very smart for his first day of work.

My mum and I said a quick hello, asked how they were settling in and whether they liked the neighbourhood. They seemed very happy and unusually friendly but I just forgot about it as getting to school on time was the only thing on my mind.

We then drove off as quickly as possible. I was going to be late unless I magically appeared in the classroom right now as it was 8:40.

I arrived opposite the school, kissed my mum goodbye and ran across the field as quickly as possible. I knew I was going to get covered in mud as it had rained yesterday night but I couldn't care less. I was about to reach the entrance to the school when I tripped over a  bottle and face planted onto the ground. I quickly got myself back up as quickly as I could, but I knew my face would be covered in mud. I tried to wipe my face and instructed myself to keep going.

I rushed through the school entrance and noticed how deserted it was, I was so late.

I ran through the empty hallways to my class,  which was English with Mr Pine.

I swung open the door and barged in, completely out of breath. I was gasping for air, when I realized Mr Pine was introducing someone new to the class, and guess who it was, it was my new neighbour, the boy with gorgeous eyes. Everyone including Mr Pine was gawking at me as I had completely disrupted their silence, making the situation even more awkward. 

Could this day get any more embarrassing?

Yes it could.

I went bright red.
I must have looked like a walking tomato.

English was the only lesson where I sat by myself so I hurried to my seat at the back. When Mr Pine said 'It's nice to see you Miss Clarkson,' making everybody giggle.

Mr Pine then continued with his introduction of the boy, who even though he was my new neighbour, I still had no idea what his name was. When Mr Pine had finished talking, he pointed to the seat next to me and told the boy to sit there.  He strode confidently towards me and sat down. 

Everyone couldn't help but stare at him. 

He was going to stand out as we didn't usually have new people come to our town as it was very small and in the middle of nowhere. He was also very good looking, every girl around me seemed to look at him and drool, whilst the boys were trying to get his attention.

He would be the talk of the town.

..............................................................

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter :)