Chapter 12

The day was over and it had been a pretty humiliating one.

I knew that if I wanted to catch up to the others I would have to work so hard and luckily I had a plan of action.

After I have said goodbye to the group I will sneak into the gym and train. It was always open at night, according to Stella, which would mean I could work on my stamina.

'Bye guys, goodnight,' I waved to Ky, Tori, Stella and Theo and I went back to my room. It was 6:30 pm

I was going to have to wait quite a while before I could go and train, with no one else there.

So I jumped onto my bed, grabbed a book on my bedside table, one that I hadn't noticed before. It was called 'Il Libro della Magia.' It was beautiful leather book, decorated with beautiful golden swirls and it was bound with a leather strap, which had a jewel attached to it.

I turned to the first page and read the English Translation; it was called 'The Book of Magic.' The first page had 5 different symbols covering it, one was a flame, another was a water droplet, one was a mountain, another was a cloud and the final symbol was a big sun. They then had the names of all the groups underneath them.

I turned the page, and on this one was written all the different incantations that were part of each element and how you could do them. From being able to shoot out fire balls, to create the biggest tsunami ever. There were detailed drawings for each incantation, with the specific steps for them.

The next page had drawings of the different rings that were used to do these incantations. Each ring was different depending on the element you were part of. They were all silver and then each jewel was different. A ruby red one for fire, a jasmine blue for air, a crystal blue for water and an emerald green for earth.

I then remembered the one that I had. I picked it up off my bedside table and looked at it. It looked nothing like the other rings. It was a lot bigger and instead of having just one jewel, it had all four.

I turned the next page of the book, curious to discover what else this book held and there it was, my ring. There was a small passage written underneath it, which stated:

Whoever is the owner of this ring has been gifted with a great power and once they have been trained, they will be one of the greatest weapons known to man.

I looked up from the book, confused and shocked at the same time.

I really was important and I needed to train. I checked the clock and it said it was 8:00 pm: time really does fly when you are passionate about something.

I jumped up from the bed, changed my top and put my hair up into a tight ponytail. I was ready to train.

I opened the door really slowly and quietly tiptoed down the corridor, trying not to make any noise. I couldn't wake anyone up. I was getting closer to the training room when suddenly I saw a bright light.

I walked up to the door, which was slightly open and looked round it. There was someone else who had the same idea as me. I didn't know who it was but all I could see were balls of fire being fired at different targets that were moving around. This person must be good as they were hitting every single target, maybe they could teach me something.

The person then turned around and fired a fire ball straight at the door, directly in my direction. I quickly dodged it and hid behind the door.

Oh no, I know that face. I have seen it so many times. It was Theo, what do I do, do I go in or do I leave.

You know what I will leave I can't face trying to talk to him. I walked away not looking back, when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and there was Theo looking right at me.

Great I can't get away now.

'What do you want Theo, I came here to train as I thought no one else would be here,' I said to him.

'I can help you train, come on,' he replied.

'Ok,' I said nervously.

I walked back up to the door and walked inside and waited for him to close it.

He came up to me and said 'Ok , what would you like to do.'

'Um I need to work on my physical fitness, as I am really behind the rest of you,' I said with a small smile. Not sure whether I should have told him that, it will probably make him ever more arrogant,

'Ok, well I have a plan, I know how much you want to get better so I am willing to train with you in the evenings for an hour but you must be willing to work hard as that is the only way you can get better,' he said.

'Ok,' I said.

'We are going to start with five punches and then five star jumps to warm up and you will do three reps of these,' he said.

Great this will be so much fun!

'Come on, hop to it!' He said giving me one of the only smiles that I had seen from him and surprisingly it was a great smile.

After the warm up we practiced some kick punches and some lunges with a kettle bell.

The hour went very quickly and by the end of it I was exhausted. I collapsed onto the floor in a heap.

'Tomorrow you will have to work twice as hard,' he said.

What is his problem? Why does he have to be so negative, I tried so hard.

'What!!! I get no well done, gosh you are a hard guy to please,' I say back at him angrily.

But when I looked up he was smiling. Great. He was joking. Again.

'You are so easy to annoy and it's so funny,' he said smirking.

I shoved him a little and he stumbled.

'You are also a bit aggressive,' he said.

'Yes I am, and if you have a problem with that then you will have to get over it,' I say to him grinning.

We walk out of the gym room and he walks me to my door.

'Well goodnight then,' he says while slowly walking down the corridor to his room. But before he reached the corner he said

'Ok yeah Kat, just don't tell anyone about these training sessions,' he said with a slight worried expression on his face.

'Ok,' I said slightly confused. What was wrong with him hanging out with me? Was I that bad?

I walked into my room and tried to get to sleep but I couldn't. I tossed and turned for ages, not being able to get these questions out of my head.

What had Theo meant? Why couldn't I tell anyone?

............................................................................

I hope you enjoyed it :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow :)

Have a great week, whatever you do :)