Chapter 21

Thanks guys, for more than 1K views, it means the world to me :)

....................................................

We headed on down through the valley.

We all made sure that we stayed together as we had no idea what we might see.

I was kind of excited to see a new part of this world, but I knew that I wouldn't be for long.

We walked down the grassy hill,  which was very rocky so I made sure I didn't fall. I walked on ahead, curious to see what was over the other hill  that blocked the view ahead of us.

'Wait, Kat slow down. You need to stay in sight,' Theo said.

'No, I can walk as fast as I like,' I said back to him, fed up of him constantly worrying about me.

I walked on, speeding up, showing him that I am fine by myself.  When I felt someone slip their hand into mine. I looked around and it was Theo.

'Let go,' I said to him and yanked my hand out of his. Every time he touched me, it just reminded me of  how we couldn't be together and this just annoyed me even more.

I sped up, as tears were starting to come to my eyes, I don't know what was wrong with me but my emotions were all over the place.

All of a sudden I felt the floor break under my feet and I fell down, down, down a dark hole and landed in to a pool of sticky, black gungy liquid. It enclosed my feet and legs tightly together and when I tried to move, I couldn't. 

I heard the others above me, running to the opening and when I looked up, I saw their worried expressions. I also realised just how far I had actually fallen.

'Kat, are you ok?' Tori shouted down.

'Yeah, I am a bit scratched and bruised from the fall but nothing major,' I replied.

'I am going down there, she needs help,' I heard Theo say. Always trying to be the hero.

'No, don't come down here, it will just make the situation worse. There is this kind of black, gooey stuff down here, have you ever heard or seen something like this before. It is very sticky, almost impossible to move around in,' I said.

'No, I have never come across anything like this in all my years of training,' Ky replied.

'Neither have I,' Stella, said as well.

'Ok, I will have to figure this out on my own,' I said to them all, trying not to worry them. Even though, by body was slowly sinking  to its death.

I looked around and I realised just how big the space actually was. I still had my bag on my back, so I shrugged it off, knowing that it was probably weighing me down. I held it out in front of me and with my ring I created a whirling mass of air, which I used to lift my bag slowly up and out of the hole.

Once it reached the opening, Stella grabbed it, 'Got it!'

'Ok,  the next job is getting myself out of here,' I said to myself whilst looking around, trying to think of a way out.

Um, I could grow some vines up the wall and climb out of here but then if I fell, I would probably be swallowed by this black gunk. I could try and make a whirl of wind strong enough that it would lift me straight out of the gunk and out the hole, but that would probably not work. All of a sudden I had an idea and if it worked, I would get out of here and if it didn't, I would jeopardise my life and maybe another.

'I have an idea,' I said. 

'Ok, what is it Kat, you are probably sinking more very minute,' Theo said looking down the hole.

'Ok,...... Tori is going to make a vine long enough that will then be used as a rope. Someone will then com down strapped to the vine and pull me up and out of here. Ky will have to freeze the top of the vine to the ground, so that whoever comes down here won't fall as well,' I said.

Before anyone else could offer themselves, Theo nominated himself.

'I'll do it,' Theo said confidently.

'Ky and Tori need to stay up here and watch the descent and Stella needs to be up here so that if we fall she can catch us with a small whirling mass of air,' he continued.

'Ok, lets do it,' Tori said and started making the vine.

After a few minutes,  Ky froze it to the top of the hole and Theo began his descent towards me.

At first the drop was smooth and he was getting closer and closer to me at a steady rate.

His hand was almost in reach and I stretched as far as I could to grab hold of his hand but then all of a sudden Theo stopped going down.

He tugged on the vine but it wouldn't budge.

'Guys, I need to go a bit lower,' he said, getting really frustrated.

The black gunge was now around my waist and soon it would be covering my body completely and there would be no hope.

'The vine is not long enough, and it won't hold for much longer,' Ky said through gritted teeth.

Theo wouldn't give up, he stretched as much as he could and so did I. We just grazed fingers, when there was a huge crack. He started falling but just before he reached the gunk, he stopped. Stella had caught him just in time. His whole body hovered inches above it.

'Thanks Stella. You just saved my life and Kat's,' he said.

'Don't worry about it, just hurry up and get Kat out of there, I don't know how much longer I can hold you let alone both of you once you have got her,' she said sounding slightly out of breath.

Theo leaned towards me and grabbed my hand. The black substance was just below my chest now. I gave him my hand and he tugged as hard as he could. 

'Stella you need to now lift me up higher, but slowly,' he said.

I could feel my body slowly starting to become unstuck. I could see Theo's muscles starting to strain. He had been pulling with all his might for a good five minutes and now, just my feet remained.

A final pull and I was out. Theo grabbed me and Stella brought us up as quickly as possible.

I was finally free.

Theo and I both lay down on the grass, breathless after a crazy few minutes.

'Never walk off like that again, you never know what could be around the corner,' Tori said, punching me playfully.

We then all started laughing. After everything, it was actually funny.

'I am so silly, I just let my emotions take the better of me,' I said cry laughing.

I kept on laughing until my stomach started to hurt and my eyes began to tear.

All of a sudden Ky said 'Shhhhhh, look over there through the trees,' pointing.

We all stopped laughing and looked over towards the trees and there right in front of us were five beautiful creatures. They were grazing peacefully completely oblivious of our presence.

They were horses but much more elegant and beautiful. One of them which was a dark grey colour looked right at me. As soon as our eyes met, I felt a powerful connection, it was as though this creature had a part of my soul, which had always been missing.

............................................................

Hey guys thanks for reading, sorry for a slightly late upload :)

I just had a few problems with my book but it is now back to normal:) YEY!

Have a great week :)