Chapter 5

That whole day I couldn't concentrate, I just couldn't get him out of my mind. What had he meant when he said that everything would become clear soon.

It was last lesson and I had French. I walked into the classroom and nearly everyone was already sat down so I walked to the back of the class to an empty seat. I got my stuff out of my bag and got myself prepared for I what I knew would be a long hour.

As I looked up from my desk I noticed that the other two of Theo's group were sitting at the front of the classroom. One was a girl of average height, with dark jet black wavy hair that had green highlights spread throughout it. The other one was a boy with reddish brown hair and dark blue streaks.

It was so strange that they all had highlights in their hair; I wondered what it might signify.

My thoughts were interrupted when Mrs Bale, our French teacher called out my name. I snapped out of my day dream and said really loudly 'Huh? Everyone turned around to face me, awkwardly and Mrs Bale looked at me disappointedly. 'Kat, you're in a group with Ky and Tori,' whilst saying this she pointed to the table where the boy and the girl I was staring at were sat.

I realised that everyone had moved around to sit in their groups so I quickly got up, went over to the table with Tori and Ky and sat down.

Mrs Bale explained what our task for today's lesson was.  In our groups, we had three weeks to prepare a presentation about an annual cultural event that takes place in France.

At the end of the three weeks, we would then have to present it to the class. Mrs Bale would then give us a score; this would count for 25% of our final grade at the end of the year.

She then left us in our groups to start our projects.

Tori, Ky and I sat in silence for a while; I had no idea what to say.

The silence was only broken when Tori started a conversation.

'So, Kat, do you have any ideas on what our project could be about?'

'Not really, however I do know that they have a festival every year that celebrates the storming of the Bastille Prison, which then led to The French Revolution. It is very important for the French,' I said.

'That sounds good, right Ky?' Tori asked him.

'Yes that sounds perfect, why don't we go to my house after school and get a head start on the project?' Ky replied.

'Yeah ok,' I said slightly unsure. The bell then rang, Tori and Ky both got up and I followed them out of the classroom.

'We just need to go to our lockers, so we will meet you at the school entrance in five,' Ky said and then Tori and him walked off. 

I then remembered that I needed to go to my locker so I headed towards it, when I ran into Eva.

'Hey! I am going to Jewel's Cafe with Lucy and Alyssa, do you want to come with us?' said Eva.

'Sorry I can't, I am starting my French project today with Ky and Tori. Do you know who they are?'

'Yeah of course I do, they are both in my maths class, the whole school talks about them on a regular basis,' said Eva confidently.

'Really! I didn't even know their names until today,' I replied.

'You didn't? Well, just be careful, people say that they are slightly weird.'

'What do you mean?' but before I could get a reply, she skipped off down the corridor, away from me.

I grabbed my stuff from my locker and texted my mum that I would be home a little later than usual and waited at the school entrance.

I was thinking about what Eva had said when Tori and Ky walked down the corridor towards me.

I was usually a good judge of character, but these two I just couldn't figure out, just like the rest of their group.

Tori and Ky stood either side of me as we left the familiarity of the school grounds.
Keeping me close, either to protect me or because they didn't want me to escape.

.........................................................................................

Thanks for reading.

Votes, comments and reads are greatly appreciated:)