Chapter 14

Time has passed quickly, I have been training every day for three weeks now and I have completely changed into another person.

I now run ahead of the group, I had the highest fitness testing out of the whole class and I could now control my power.

I have not let anyone get me down, not even Natasha.

I am even closer with Stella and Tori but not so much with Theo. We haven't spoken since that fight I had with Natasha. I know it may sound stupid and as though I am overeacting but ever since I ignored him, I have improved immensley.

......................................

Today was the day.  Today our fates would be set.

We were going to compete against each other, to get the best positions on the team that would fight against the danger that Galantia was facing.

I had to prove myself.

All through breakfast, I was so nervous. I couldn't stop tapping my foot against the floor and I couldn't stomach any of my breakfast.

Tori and Stella kept asking me if I was ok and I said I was, even though I felt like I was going to puke every few minutes. We finished breakfast, which I left most of it and headed to one of the most important moments of my pathway to becoming 'the greatest weapon known to man.'

As we walked closer and closer to the training, the butterflys in my stomach were almost unbearable. I couldn't stop thinking about who I would be paired against, to fight.

All of a sudden I was stopped by a firm grip on my arm. I turned around and there was Theo with those gorgeous eyes, which I had managed to forget about for the past three weeks.

'Yes Theo, what do you want?' I asked, slighlty annoyed.

'I wanted to see if you were ok?  he said, "I know how much this means to you but you have been acting kind of distant,' He looked at me with concern.

'I am just nervous thats all, no biggy,' I said trying to brush off the piece of truthfullness I let slip.

I turned to walk away but again he stopped me, blocking my path.

'Don't  be,' he said before walking away, not saying anything more.

I knew I couldn't let this distract me, so I kept thinking about the different moves that I had learnt and the different incantations that I could now do.

I checked that my ring was on my finger and yes there it was. The beautiful ring, that without it, I felt like a piece of me was missing.

I took a few deep breathes, tugged on my top and walked into the room. In one corner there was a huge blackboard, with everyones names on it and who they were competing against.

In the centre of the room there was  a huge glass cube.This must be the containment cube. The cube that could contain anyone's powers  in order not to cause harm to anyone else.

I walked up to the board, where Stella, Tori and Ky were stood chatting.

'Hey guys, who are you fighting?' I asked them.

They turned around and told me people's names that I didn't really know.

I looked at the board, my name was in bold and the name right next to mine was not one I was expecting.

It was someone who I didn't want to fight.

It wasn't Natasha, which I had wanted it to be. I wanted to get her back for calling me 'just a human that knows nothing about Galantia.'

But instead it was someone who I hadn't talked to very much, but I felt like I had known for years.

I looked around the room and there were the pair of eyes that I was searching for.

They stared back at me and the flecks of gold within them glimmered in the light.

It was Theo.

..................................................

Sorry for a shorter chapter but I am busy at the moment with exams starting soon and I was trying to get my entry completed for the Open Novella Contest.

I hope you enjoyed it :)

Don't foget to comment, vote and follow my profile.

Also thanks for 600 views, it means a lot :)