Chapter 2

"Right class let's leave the new boy alone and get started," said Mr Pine.

After that everyone in the class slowly turned their attention away from the new boy back to Mr Pine.

"In this lesson we are starting a poem called a 'red, red 'rose' by Robert Burns which is one of my favourite poems of all times," Mr Pine said.

He then began explaining all the different techniques that were used in the poem and why it made the poem so beautiful.

Suddenly, the boy next to me whispered "hi my name is Theo."

After he spoke, I turned around and whispered back to him that my name was Kat. I was about to turn back around when I noticed just how beautiful his eyes were. I don't know what it was about them that drew me to them but they were captivating.

The trance between us was only broken when Mr Pine asked him a question about the poem and even though he had been staring at me the whole time he knew the answer.

For the rest of the lesson, he continued to stare at me on and off. I tried to concentrate on getting my work done, but he was making it extremely difficult. The lesson finished and I hurried to my next class, which was science, wanting to get away from the new boy.

I sat down at my regular table and started to take out my pencil case and book when someone pulled the chair out next to me.

The back of the classroom was my space and no onr elses. I liked sitting on my own for the most part as I got all my work done on time.

I looked up and a girl with fair hair, green eyes and a cluster of freckles around her nose sat down next to me. I had never seen this girl either; so many new people seemed to be starting that day. Her hair seemed to have light purple highlights running through it, which were a lot like Theo's. This made me wonder whether maybe they were friends.

She took out a dark purple pencil case from her bag, which was neatly decorated with elaborate doodles and placed it o her desk.

She then turned around and gave me a huge smile and said "Hi my name is Stella and I am new here. What's your name?" She was very charming and she seemed extremely confident and happy for a new girl. I told her my name as quickly as possible before the lesson began.

Before I knew it the lesson had ended and Stella was rushing out of the room as though she was in a hurry to get somewhere.

How many new people were coming to my school?

It was now lunchtime, finally, my favourite time of the day.

News had spread so fast about Theo and Stella. There were even another two who had also started school as well.

My friend Eva said that she had sat next to him in maths and that he didn't speak to anyone, which was strange because he had spoken to me.

All of a sudden, the whole canteen went quiet. Eva looked over my shoulder at something and opened her mouth, shocked. I swivelled round in my chair and in walked four people who had coloured stripes in their hair and gorgeous eyes. It looked as though they were part of a clan or a gang. Two of them I recognised, Theo and Stella but the other two I had no idea who they were. They seemed to light up from within, as though they were angels sent down from heaven.

They strolled in confidently, ignoring all the stares and sat down at an empty table.

They acted normal and chatted amongst themselves not even acknowledging the rest of the student body.

After a few minutes, everyone went back to their conversations and the normal chat of the canteen returned.

I began talking to Eva about Stella and how she had been so happy when we first met suddenly shouts of 'Fight, fight,' echoed around the room.

Eva and I ran over to the crowd, that had begun to grow considerably in size. We had to see who was involved. A boy called Ryan, who I knew from my science class, was flat on the floor holding his face and Theo was walking away with his fists tightly clenched. His knuckles were bleeding and he seemed to be breathing very heavily as though he could not control his anger.

He must have sensed me looking at him because he abruptly turned around and glared at me with piercing eyes. They flashed a dark red, for a few seconds, highlighting the golden flecks surrounding the iris of his eye even more, before he strode off out of the canteen.

What had just happened, his eyes had just changed colour, which was impossible.

I pinched myself to try and see if it was all a dream but it was all real, all of it.

..................................................................................................

Thanks for reading:)