Chapter 8

Tori carried on dabbing my face with a cold flannel, washing off some of the blood that had dried on my wound. She then turned around to rinse out the cloth.

I realised that this would be the perfect time to flee. She wasn't looking, which meant she wouldn't be able to stop me in time.

I was about to stand up, when Stella waltzed into the bathroom with some clothes for me to change into.

'Hey, Tori, I got some clothes from your room, as I thought your clothes would fit better than mine,' Stella said.

Tori replied quickly 'Yes that's fine.'

Stella walked over to me and handed me the clothes. They then both left the room allowing me to shower.

I jumped in the shower, still feeling achy after not having moved for a few days, and stood under the hot water, letting it ease the stress and worries out of my muscles.

I then got out; dried myself and towel dried my hair a bit. I looked at the clothes that Stella had brought me. In the pile there were a pair of ripped black jeans, a white and grey jumper, which looked so cosy and a pair of socks. I put this on and then started to sort out my hair. After I had finished getting ready, I grabbed my wet towel off the floor and chucked it onto the seat.

All of a sudden I heard the sound of metal hitting the floor.  I looked down on the floor and there, standing out against the white tiles, was an elaborately ornate ring. It was a beautiful rich gold and had four different coloured stones encased in it.

I picked it up and placed it on the middle finger, of my right hand. As soon as I did this it glowed so bright that I had to look away. I tried to pull it off as I knew I was taking too long to just get washed and dressed but it wouldn't come off.

I pulled on it as hard as possible but it wouldn't budge. I decided that if I acted normally no one would guess that I stole a ring; I would just have to hide my hand a bit with the sleeve of the jumper that I was wearing.

I walked forwards and put my ear to the door, to see if I could hear anything but I couldn't. I slowly opened the door and Tori and Stella were standing there engrossed in conversation. The only word that I caught them saying before they saw that I was with them, was the word, 'ring.'

Stella then took my old, dirty clothes from me and led me out of the room, with Tori following close behind. We went downstairs and walked down towards the basement of the house. I didn't want to ask any questions, so I followed without arguing.

The further down we got the louder the noises became. Stella then opened the door to the basement and there inside were Ky and Theo fighting. Not with their fists, guns or swords but with rings that looked similar to mine.

They were glowing; Theo's red and Ky's blue the same colours as their eyes which were now glowing as well.

There was a  line of fire in front of Theo that seemed to separate him from Ky, it was though he was using it as a barrier of protection but this didn't stop Ky from trying to get to him. Ky mumbled some words which I had no idea what they meant and from his ring shot out water that put out the fire. Theo then said another word and balls of fire shot out of his ring towards Ky, whose body had turned into water. As soon as the fire balls hit the water, they fizzled out.

Tori and Stella then both shot out a line of colour from their rings and the whole room changed. It was no longer a big room, made out of black and white marble, with a high ceiling. Instead it was now a small cramped room made out of wood.

Ky and Theo shook hands and gave each other a hug. Ky turned around towards me and said 'So what did you think, who was better?'

I looked at him completely gobsmacked. Tori hadn't been lying when she said that they had powers, I had just witnessed it with my own eyes.

Stella came up to me and said in a calming voice, 'This is probably a bit of a shock for you, so take as much time you need to get your head around it.'

I thought to myself, I can't take all the time I need; my mum is probably worried sick at home. 'Ok, this is all very weird and I am slightly confused but I need to have my phone. I need to call my mum. She needs to know I am ok.'

'There is no need for that' Tori replied, 'your mother wouldn't have even noticed you were gone. As soon as you stepped into these walls, time stopped.'

I looked around the room at these four people and realised that I was more similar to them then I thought. My eyes had changed colour before and this ring that I got stuck on my finger glowed as well. I looked at them one at a time and as soon as I looked at Theo I wanted to know everything.

'Ok, tell me. I need to know what you guys are and why you have kept me here.'

............................................................................................

I hope you enjoyed it :)

Reads, Comments and votes are greatly appreciated :)