Chapter 24

I woke up with natural sunlight. I didn't  know how long we had been in the wilderness but it felt like an eternity.

I sat up yawning and stretching, my body aching after quite a busy night. I lookes down and the others were sound asleep beside me. We must have all fallen asleep together, trying to keep warm. It was one of the coldest nights so far.

As quietly as possible I got up and decided to go and practice some of my enchantments, which I hadn't used in a while.

Everyday we were getting closer to the evil, that we were going to fight and I had to be prepared.

I looked over and saw our Kalakins grazing on some grass. As soon as I moved my Kalakin's ears sprang up and it looked at me.  It began to walk towards me, knowing that I was leaving.

'Hey gorgeous,' I said to her. 'How are you doing?' I added. She nudged my shoulder and neighed loudly with happiness. 'Shhhh,' I said laughing to myself at just how cute she was.

I grabbed a jumper, shoved it on and walked a good distance away from the others, my Kalakin following behind.

'Ok, what am I going to practice,' I said to myself.

I decided to start with some easy ones, to warm up.

I made sure I was in a comfortable stance and aimed for the centre of the tree that was right in front of me.

I first sent a few fireballs at it, which was one of the first enchantments I learnt. As soon as it hit the tree it sizzled, loudly. I then decided to shoot out some icicles as quickly as I could, whilst spinning around. Every single time I hit the target.

'Yesssss,' I shouted, even though no one was there to witness it.

I slowly worked my way up in the difficulty of the enchantment. The two moves I still couldn't do at all were the tsunami wave and the vine shoot and I knew that if I was going to put up a good fight, I would have to know how to do them.

I was about to try when I heard a twig snap behind me. I turned around but there was no one there. I tried again and this time someone said 'You're positioning your body all wrong."

Guess who it was, Theo.

'Oh, ok, the person who knows everything,' I said, trying to get him to leave.

'No you really are,' he said and before I could stop him, he had his hands on my waist and he was moving my body in the right position.

As soon as he touched my skin, it felt like electricity. My skin sizzles with heat and my face flushed. I could feel his breath on my neck, which was so distracting but I had to ignore the wanting inside of me.

I pulled his hands off of me and held out my hand in front of me, making sure my ring faced the tree.

I was going to show him.

I closed my eyes and concentrated but nothing happened. I tried again but it was useless.

'You are thinking about it way too much,' he said.

He then relaxed my arm a little, by pulling down my arm at the elbow and covered my eyes with his hands. 

'Ok breathe and just imagine what you are trying to create, without stressing out about it.' he said.

I did exactly as he said his cold hands strangely soothing.

All of a sudden I felt the power burst within me. I could feel the vines shoot out of my ring and wrap themselves around the tree. I opened my eyes and squealed with happiness.

'I did it, I did it,' I kept on screaming with uttermost happiness. Theo looked at me with a caring smile and said 'I knew you could do it.'

We slowly began to stop laughing and we came back to reality. The one where everything wasn't perfect. I looked at his eyes and they flashed a dark red. The tension between us began to grow rapidly and the strong attraction I felt for him could no longer be contained.

We walked towards each other, unable to stop ourselves. Our emotions taking control complerely.

But as soon as our bodies were were about to touch, I stopped. We just brushed noses and I could feel his warm breathe on my face.

But I knew that if we made our feelings real, there would only be more heartbreak at the end of this.

'No,' I said, not looking into his eyes.

'Why not?' He said, knowing exactly to what I was referring to.

'We just can't,' I replied.

'Please,' he said with the sweetest voice possible, cracking at the emotion, making my heart break.

'It is for the best,' I said.

I walked back to the others who were ready to leave.

'What's wrong Kat?' Stella asked me, worried.

'Nothing,' I said. Trying to hide the fact that there was something wrong.

It was best if they didn't know. Talking about it only made the emotion I felt for him stronger.

..................................

Thanks for reading, have a great week :)