Chapter 33

I did't want to open my eyes but I knew I had to. I slowly opened them and saw the familiar room, that I had grown up in.

I had grown up in this town and spent weeks and weeks at school, oblivious to the powers that I had withing me.

I turned around but the portal had disappeared and in its place was my wardrobe. There was definitely no going back.

All of a sudden it came flooding back, I hadn't seen my mum in forever and I truly had missed her. The whole experience in Galantia had been so overwhelming and surreal that it had taken up most of my head space.

I ran downstairs at full speed, not caring about tripping up and went straight to the kitchen. There stood my mum, chopping up some vegetables, ready for dinner, oblivious about everything that had happened.

I went straight up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, breathing in deeply, I had missed her too much.

'Oh,' she said, startled. 'I didn't know you were already home, you said you would be late,' she added. 

It was weird to think that the weeks I had spent in Galantia only added up to a few hours if even that on Earth.

But I didn't want to reply, I just wanted to listen to her voice.

'Darling, whats wrong?' She asked, probably confused at why I was still hugging her.

'I just love you that's all,' I replied, my voice slightly muffled from the tears that were coming.

'Aww, I do too darling,' she said with a smile.

That whole evening I just spent time with her, eating ice cream, in front of Mamma Mia, our favourite movie, and just enjoying spending time with her.

It's funny how much you miss someone when you love them. As soon as I said this, my heart broke a little more but I knew that time would slowly fix it.

.........................................................................

Life went back to normal, and everything carried on as I had left it before. 

For a while, people kept asking about where the strange group of kids with coloured hair went and many rumours spread around but no one ever got the right answer. 

I just smiled at myself, every now and then, knowing exactly where they were. However whenever I thought about it too much, all the emotions I had felt came rushing back.

I just had to forget about it all and move on with my life.

Eva and Alyssa, my best friends,  always had so much gossip and they even had boyfriends now. They were so different from Stella and Tori but I came to terms with it all.

I had tried to talk to some guys, especially the ones friends with Eva and Alyssa's boyfriends but whenever it started getting somewhere, Theo just came back into my mind.

The thought of him. prevented me from getting on with any other guy in a relationship.

.......................................................................

It was the last day before the summer and everyone was super excited and ready for six weeks of freedom. Everyone was ready for the partying and since I had now turned 17, everyone saw life differently.

As soon as the bell rang, every other student, charged out the gates, leaving me behind. I saw Eva and Alyssa signalling for me to join them but I just shook my head and told them to go have fun.

I walked home alone, just thinking.

All of a sudden I heard that voice.

The voice that made me shiver.

The voice that warmed up my whole body form within.

The voice that belonged to the one that I still loved however much I had tried to forget about it.

'You ready for the next adventure,' he said.

And I turned around and ran into his embrace, ready for what was to come, with him and the rest of our lives.

........................................................................................................

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked the last chapter :)

(Put up on 10/5/2018)