Chapter 3

Hi guys I know I said I would only be able to upload on Sundays but I decided to upload one today as I have got a lot more views than I was expecting.

Thanks you so much for reading my book I really appreciate it. Feel free to comment.

.....................................................................................

Once school ended, I hurried home as I still had a lot of homework to do.

Once I was home, my mum was working in the office, so I ran upstairs, got changed and sat at my desk.

I started to take out my exercise books from my bag, when I realised that I was very hungry. So I sprinted down the stairs, grabbed some rice cakes with humous and ate them quickly.

I then got on with my homework, wanting to get it done and over with, fed up with the amount of work I was always given.

I had done about half an hour of work when I felt someone was watching me. I looked outside my window, which had a direct view into my neighbour Theo's bedroom, but there was no one there.

I decided to ignore the strange feeling that I had and returned to my homework.

A few moments later I felt it again but when I looked up, nothing was there. I stood up to try and get a look but nobody was in sight.

All of a sudden, I caught sight of a blinding red light. A pattern, made up of triangles and dots that joined together to make the shape of a flame appeared in Theo's bedroom and then it suddenly vanished.

Theo's body then took its place; he was sat down on the floor with his eyes closed. His hand held out, like the light had somehow come from his body.

I was so confused and nothing that had just happened made any sense.
I tried to hide myself as I didn't want him to think that I was spying on him. But being as clumsy as I am, something had to go wrong.  I was leaning forward on my chair so that I could hide my face behind the humongous pile of books that lay on my desk, when the chair slipped from under me and toppled to the floor with a large bang. 'Ow' I muttered, now of course he must have seen me. I decided to stay on the floor for a few minutes to save the humiliation, rubbing my knee, which I had hit.

After a while I stood up, readjusted my chair, sat down and looked up again. Theo had vanished.

There was definitely something strange going on with my new neighbour, his eyes changed colour and he somehow created an intricate pattern that seemed to shimmer in the air right in front of me, with only his body it seemed.

I decided that there was nothing that I could do about it tonight. I checked the time; it was already 8pm, where had all the time gone.

I went downstairs and knocked lightly on my mum's office door. She was lying face down on the desk snoring, soundly asleep.

She worked so much to keep the rent up on the house and pay for all the food and electricity bills, she did so much for me. I tiptoed up to her and gently tapped her on the shoulder; she groaned slightly and started to sit up.

'Mum, I think you should go to bed, you have been working so hard lately.' She stood up and said 'ok' in a quiet, croaky voice, which made her sound as though she had been asleep for a while. She walked up the stairs like a zombie and got into bed. I pulled the covers tightly over her and tucked her in. She fell asleep immediately and started snoring, really loudly.

I wasn't that hungry so I ate a cheese sandwich and got ready for bed. I tied my hair up into a French plait so that it wouldn't get knotty during the night. I then slipped on my pyjama bottoms and top. They were light baby blue in colour, soft as silk and were so comfy.

I couldn't get Theo, his red eyes and the beautiful pattern that had formed in his room, out of my mind.

Nothing seemed to add up.

To distract myself, I decided to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin, which was one of my favourite books of many. Reading was the only way that I could escape from the real world and it's problems.I jumped into bed, got myself comfy and read.

I had been reading for nearly an hour, when my eyes began to feel very heavy. I found it almost impossible to keep them open.

Finally my brain was too tired to function and everything went pitch black.