Chapter 30

A piece of me broke inside as I witnessed his body just laying there on the floor, not a single twitch or movemnet of his body.

This was it.

A huge of amount of anger began to run through my veins and an immense amount of power rose from within. Then all of a sudden the loudest yell ever escaped me and with this my eyes glowed, brighter than ever. So much power was coursing through my veins that even my skin glowed. The powers of all the elements bult up inside me to form one great burst of energy.

I had finally become the gifted one. I was no longer like the others. My powers were heightened and I was at one with them. Every part of me, from my hair to my skin was part of it and I knew I could defeat this monster. It was like something clicked inside of me and now I could never go back.

I ran full pelt down from the trees at the creature, yelling as I did. I was ready for this moment and I wouldn't stop until it was dead. I was finally at one with the elements.

I kept on running and the creature looked at me with absolute hatred. It began running towards me and with every stride it took towards me, the ground shook uncontrollably. Making me stumble but I didn't let it stop me.

This was the moment.

The creature was only a metre away from me, when I just stopped and closed my eyes, finding the silence in the mayhem that was all around me. As soon as I opened my eyes, everything moved in slow motion, from the creatures who moved around me, to the trees that swayed in distance.

I yelled from deep within and all the elements just burst out of me. It came out as a huge wave of power, just escaping from my mouth and my entire body glowed with it. The creature could not withstand this.

With this, a huge crack ran through the ground from where I stood, towards the creature and it's army,  creating a gigantic hole, that was the pathway to hell. Every single creature began to shriek as they all fell down to their death, not being able to help themselves this time. Some tried to hold on but Ky, Stella and Tori finally found an inner strength and got up. They knew that this was it.  They each used their powers and sent them down to their deaths. We all stared at each other as their leader, sang its last song down to hell.

They then moved out of the way as quickly as pssible as I used all my power. I held up my hands and without even using my ring I brought them closer together and with it so did the hole in the ground.

As soon as it was closed, I ran towards Theo's body, tears coming to my eyes. He just lay there as though nothing had changed, he just looked so at peace as though he was fast asleep like he had been so many times in front of the fires. I couldn't hold it in, I began to cry my heart out, my forhead leaning on his still warm body. My sobbing became so much that my breathe kept on getting caught inside of me and I could feel my eyes flashing from normal to the ones that always appeared when my emotions took over my entire self.

It was all too much.

Tori and Stella, came and gave me a warm, tight hug. I looked up at them and they were crying as well, their eyes bloodshot from the tears. 

The rest of the world had gone silent.

The only sound in the neverending mountains that surounded us were our cries of despair. Our Kalakins had joined us as well, their heads drooped in remembrance. I looked up and Ky couldn't keep still, it was just too much for him. He just didn't  want to look at at his best friend's body.

Tori stood up and went to hug him and they held each other in a tight embrace. I couldn't look at them, it just reminded me of Theo and I and what we had.

'No, no this can't be it,' I said getting up. 'I'm not giving up,' I added, my resilience somehow still there, although it was fading very quickly.

'Kat, he hasn't been breathing a long time, it's over,' Stella said, looking at me, her eyes bloodshot from all the tears.

'No, I am going to have to do something,' I said, still trying to convince myself that it was all going to be ok. 'He wouldn't give up on us,' I said. 'He would want us to fight.'

All of a sudden I had an idea.

I sat on the floor by his side, and held his hand and whispered 'I will save you.'

I lifted up my ring and with as much power I could muster and brought it down to his heart giving him an electric shot of power. His body seized upwards but nothing happened. I wasn't going to give up, whatever the others were going to say.

I did it again but it still didn't work. I tried a few more times but it was hopeless, he was definitely gone.

I stared at his face, with longing. His eyes were closed  and I stroked it, moving his hair to the side. He was so beautiful and I truly loved him. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his lips, remembering all the amazing memories we had. They ran through my mind as we kissed, his lips would always leave an imprint on mine.

I then got up and turned away from the others, wiping away my tears. He was gone and there was no more I could do. The powers of the elements can only do so much. I slowly walked away, ready to go back to my life and try to forget all of this ever happened.

All of a sudden I heard gasps from the others and they were yelling and laughing, I was about to turn around and tell them that it wasn't the place or time when I faced them and there, Theo sat up smiling. I ran to him and threw myself at him.

He was alive.

'You're alive,' I shouted as loud as I could, letting the whole world know. I then leaned into his neck and sat there enjoying his embrace. 

Absorbing all of him. The way he made me feel, the way he smelt and above all, his love. Even though he had denied it to me before the battle, I could feel it radiating from him.

'I love you so much,' I told him, not caring what he said.

And I felt his breathe stop for a second.

...........................................................................................

Thanks for reading :)

Been loving Sigrid's music at the moment so go check her out and I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and thanks for all the reads.

Love you guysxxx