Chapter 15

The only thing that stopped me from staring at Theo was the echoing ring of a bell that the headmistress had just rung.

As soon as I broke contact with Theo, all the nerves came rushing back to me, we were about to fight.

'Today is an important day for everyone, as it will decide whether you are good enough to fight against the evil that is this world,' Madame Lorelea said.

.............................................................

Time passed so slowy as I watched everyone fight in the containment cube, Theo and I were the last pair, which was the worst thing ever as the nerves built up and up inside me.

Ky, Tori and Stella have had already gone, they did exceptionally well.

The next pair is 'Theo and Kat.' I tried to get up as best as I could but stumbled a little.

Great, the day that I am supposed to be the most physically fit and I can barely get up.

I walk up to the entrance on one side of the containment cube and Theo walks up to the other. I feel many pairs of eyes staring into the back of my head and hear people whispering. Probably about how I am going to lose.

Madame Lorelea then speaks. 'You have to keep on fighting for five minutes, using all your powers and we will decide afterwards who will go through.'

This is it.

'The fight will start in 3,2 1,' Lorelea counted down.

The doors opened and we both stepped inside the containment cube, he doors quickly shut and then there was defeaning silence.

All of a sudden I remembered that this cube blocked out all the sound, no one could here us and we couldn't hear anyone outside.

....................................................................

Meanwhile Outside the cube

'I hope Theo doesn't hurt Kat too much, he doesn't always care about people's feelings,' Stella whispered to Tori.

'Don't worry, I have a feeling Theo has a soft spot for our Kat,' Tori whispered back with a little smile.

'You know that isn't allowed and Theo knows that too,' Ky said. 'Besides I haven't noticed anything between them.'

'That is because you don't pay attention to little details,' Tori said with a big smile on her face.

'You two can't say much, there is defintaley something between you guys,' Stella said with a little giggle to Tori.

'Shhhh,' Tori said to Stella.

'You can't say that so loudly and there can never be anything between us so lets not talk about it,' Tori said with a small, sad smile and turned away from Stella.

..........................................................

Meanwhile in the cube

I am trying my best to fight Theo and hold my position against him. But he knows a lot more enchantments than I do. Theo hits me in the stomach and I fall to the floor. I got up and fired a blast of air in his direction that threw him against the wall of the cube. However he got up just as quickly as I had hit him and he made a wall of fire to separate us. I put it out with a stream of water as quickly as I could.

Time was ticking and Theo was starting to get an edge. My body was beginning to get tired. I was doing stupid mistakes, not dodging as quickly as I could and aiming badly enough that my shots were not even hitting him.

The time was nearly out, I just had to keep going until it did. I fired as much as I could in his direction, and kept dodging his shots as well.

Then he shot a fire- arrow in my direction and I only just dodged it. I tried one of my new enchantements, which was one from the element earth. I shot out some vines and wrapped them around his legs, so that he would fall over.

However before, he toppled to the ground, he shot a fire ball right at my head.

The shear power of it, flung me to the ground. The next second everything went black.

.................................................................................

Thanks guys for reading my chapter, I hope you enjoyed it :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and make sure to check out my Open Novella contest entry, The Blue Blood :)