Chapter 11

Thanks guys for all your support, I am so close to 500 views :)

.......................................................

We left the great hall and headed to another huge room on the opposite side of the School for the Gifted.

It looked very similar to the room that had been in Ky's house or what I thought was Ky's house. Along the side of the room were various different weapons from bow and arrows to axes.

We walked towards the crowd of excited looking teenagers in the centre of the room, who were all chatting amongst each other. As soon as we reached them they all fell silent and stated at me as though they knew something I didn't. It started to get a little awkward, when Lorelea, the headmistress came in.

'Good morning, I hope you are all ready for the great year ahead. We have a new student this year and I thought I would introduce her. She then looked at me and guided everyone's attention towards me. This is Kat and I hope you all make her feel welcome. Speaking of new people, we also have a new teacher this year for combat skills. Her name is Rosaline.'

A lady of about thirty came into the room. She had bright red hair and beautiful green eyes. She must have been a Terranian.

'Hello my name is Rosaline,' she said. 'I am here to teach combat. Today we will be working in groups on various skills. To mix up the groups I will be picking your names out of a hat. So let's begin.'

I was put into the fitness group, which mean we had to go on a 20km run, great. I just love exercise. Just to make it even better, I knew no one in my group apart from Theo, who I didn't really know.

We left the others in the training room and went outside. We had to do a whole loop of the school, passing through the dense forest that surrounded it.

Rosaline came with us so that she could make sure we all started at the same time as we were being timed. We all stood in a line ready to run, my heart was pumping, I had to keep up with these guys even if they have had more training then me.

'Ready, set go!' Rosaline shouted and we set off. A blonde girl and her friends were in front and so were a group of boys. So far I was keeping up, but I didn't know how much longer I could. They were sprinting it, not even jogging. I had been sprinting for about 15 minutes, well if you could even call what I had been doing sprinting, it was more like a strange stumbling, when I started to feel very sick. I tried to keep going but I couldn't hold back from being sick. I collapsed onto the floor into a heap and started to gag.

I then felt someone behind me grabbing my hair, keeping it away from my face. Once I had finished throwing up, I slowly turned around and was shocked about who I saw before me. It was Theo.

'Are you ok Kat?' he said.

'Yeah, I feel slightly better. .......What are you doing here?' I asked him confused.

'Well I noticed that you were missing from the group so I ran back and found you here,' he replied.

Theo actually noticed I was gone.

I looked at him and he looked back. He lifted his hand slowly towards my face and wiped the side of my lip that probably had some sick on it. I thought he would have found it gross but I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I then tried to get up but fell straight back down onto the floor.

'Whoa, take it easy Kat, you're probably still feeling a bit queasy,' he said.

I then put my head between my legs and breathed deeply, trying not to throw up again.

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of muscular arms around my body and underneath my legs. Theo picked me up.

'You know what, you are too sick to walk, let alone run. I will carry you back' he said.

I would have usually protested, not wanting to act weak on my first day of training but I didn't have the energy to say no to him.

He carried me all the way. I started t feel cold so I turned towards him a little more. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I heard was a worried voice 'Oh no is she ok Theo,' someone asked.

She is fine, she just needs some rest. I kept my eyes closed, not in the mood to talk to anyone.

After a bit, I felt a soft mattress underneath me and a soft cover pulled over me. I didn't open my eyes until I heard the door close behind me.

I had never seen this side of Theo before.

I lay in bed for a while, not wanting to go back and face everyone after having already failed the physical "test".

After a while I decided to check the time, it was only 2pm so I had to go back to class.

I went into my bathroom, freshened up and walked back to the combat room. As soon as I entered, a group of girls came up to me giggling. A blonde girl I recognised said 'We heard Theo saved you, he is such a great guy and I am so lucky to be his girlfriend, or soon to be girlfriend.'

I didn't know what to say so I smiled back at her and said 'Yeah, it was really nice of him.'

The group then walked off and Rosaline came up to me.

'Hello Kat, I hope you are ok. Lorelea and I have decided that you need to start off from the basics. It was my fault that I put you straight in at the deep end,' she said.

Great, now everyone will stare and whisper about me even more.

................................................................

Thanks for reading :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow my profile :)