Chapter 10

There was a huge building in front of me surrounded by a huge brick wall and its entrance, a golden gate, was looming over me. We walked towards the building and the closer I got, the more things I started to notice. On the gate, there was something written in a language that I didn't understand, La conoscenza è il potere più grande. I also sensed something watching me; I looked at the building and in the lower window I saw a pair of golden eyes. This seemed to be a recurring thing.

I stopped in my tracks still overwhelmed by everything that had happened. Tori then turned around and signalled for me to follow, 'Come on Kat, don't worry, we are all safe here.'

I followed after her and the rest of them. We then walked into the building. It was absolutely huge and as soon as we entered, we were greeted by an animal, which looked slightly like a dog but its body was made up of a glittery, shiny substance that made it look like it was floating. It jumped up onto me and started to circle my feet.

Its owner then appeared. It was the same lady that I had seen ages ago back at Ky's house. She walked up to us with a great big grin and said 'Welcome Kat, to the school of Elements. This is where you will learn all the skills that you will need.' She then walked off down the corridor.

We followed her and walked into a brightly lit office. The lady had sat down.

'Ky, Theo, Stella and Tori you may now go to your rooms. You deserve a much needed rest and make sure that you are prepared to get up early and start training tomorrow,' she said.

'Yes ma'am,' they said in unison. They walked out, leaving me with a lady I barely knew.

'Hello, my name is Lorelea and I am in charge of the institute and in taking care of you while you are here. I will show you to your room, where you will find a set of training clothes and where you will have your own private space while you are here,' she said to me in a very sweet tone.

I followed her out of the room, down the corridor and into a beautifully room that had a big double bed. It was decorated with gorgeous golden swirls along the headboard. Candles were lit all around the room, the smell was amazing.

'Thank you so much, this room is absolutely amazing!' I said.

'It is the least we could do,' said Lorelea.

'I just have one question, what does the inscription on the gate mean?' I asked her.

'It means Knowledge is the Greatest Power,' she replied.

Once she had left the room, I squealed with excitement and fell backwards onto the bed. It was so comfy. I hadn't realised how exhausted I was. I took off my shoes and chucked them on the ground. I then curled up underneath the covers and fell sound asleep.

............................................

I woke up to a loud knocking. I bolted upright and stumbled to the door. 'Alright, alright,' I said swinging open the door. There stood Stella and Tori fully dressed and ready to train.

'You're not ready! You need to get dressed quickly!' Tori shouted.

'Look Tori calm down, it is her first day and other people are still having breakfast in the Great Hall so she has time,' said Stella.

I quickly found my clothes and ran into the bathroom and put them on. They were grey and black and were tightly fit. The top half then had a hood connected to it, perfect for any weather and the leather boots that came with them were very comfy .

I then brushed my teeth, chucked up my hair and walked back into my room.

'Wow you look great in the uniform,' said Stella.

'Thanks,' I said, smiling sweetly back at her.

I followed Stella and Tori as we left the room and entered a grand hall full of people, all eating their breakfasts. Whilst we were walking towards the big buffet laid out at the far end of the room, every person I passed seemed to stare at me.

I ignored them and grabbed my breakfast, which consisted of a fruit salad, orange juice and some toast.

I then sat down at a table with Ky, Stella, Tori and Theo. We all ate our food in silence, very hungry.

'You better be ready for a hard day of training Kat,' said Ky smiling.

'Yeah expect it to be impossible,' Theo said to me.

I ignored his comment and finished off my breakfast.

We then got up, ready for the hard day ahead.

..............................................................

Thanks again for reading :)

School has finished for a week so I have more time to write but upload time should stay the same.

I hope you are having a lovely time, whatever you are doing.

Don't forget to comment, vote and follow my profile :)