Chapter 20

We all ended up falling asleep, even though we needed to get a move on.
We still had to finish walking through the forest, the huge valley and the neverending line of mountains to cross before we even reached the heart of the evil.

I woke up again to the sun shining in my face but this time instead of being alone, I woke up to Theo's face. He was sound asleep next to me. He looked so peaceful and weirdly happy. His plump, red lips were turned up slightly at the side. He seemed happy, so it made me happy as well. I just looked at him, taking in all his beautiful features which I ttried to ignore and act as though I ddin't care.

All of a sudden Theo's eyes opened, I quickly shut mine. Oh no, I hope he didn't see me.
I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and tried to make my breathing sound like I was asleep.

After a few seconds I opened one eye a little and saw him looking at me, with those bright eyes that I love to see.
We looked into each others eyes and I couldn't look away. All this time trying to avoid him has just made the attraction between us intensify. He lifted up his arm and slowly caressed his fingers down my face, leaving a trail of warmth and butterflies in my tummy. His fingers continued down my neck as the look in his eyes intensified. His eyes flashed ruby red again. It always drew me in even more. He was losing control of his emotions.

He begun to lean in towards me even more, but before anything could happen, I sat up and looked away from him. If I saw his face I did not know if I could stop myself.

'We can't'' I said and got up. I walked away and acted as though nothing had happened.

I needed to concentrate on what my job on this world was. It was not to fall in love or have feelings for someone.

I went to see if the others were up yet. None of them were, so I was going to have to wake them up myself.
First I would wake up Tori as she was always the one who took the longest to wake up. But when I reached her bed, it was empty. I started to panic and frantically looked around the campsite to see if she was anywhere.

My worry disappeared as soon as I saw them. Tori and Ky were sleeping together. Ky had his arm wrapped around her waist and both of their faces were very close together. They looked so happy and peaceful in their sleep. I always knew that there was something between them that they hid from everyone even their closest friends. No one wanted to break the law. If it was broken, the punishment was unspeakable.

I decided to let them sleep but went and woke Stella up instead. I gently patted her on the shoulder and she awoke with a loud groan, not happy to be woken up.

'Good morning Stella,' I said.

'Time to wake up, we have a long day ahead,'

She sat up and started rubbing her eyes. She looked kind of funny, her hair was in a messy bun and she looked so tired.

I smiled and left her to get up at her own pace.

I walked back towards where my stuff was. I decided to just ignore Theo who was still lying down looking up at the sky.
I grabbed my bag and started to pack my things away as we had a long day of walking ahead.
I could feel Theo staring at me but I just ignored it as best as I could.

I had packed everything away apart from my bed cover that Theo was still lying on. I would have to talk to him. Ok just act normal and don't be an idiot Kat.

'Um.......Theo, I know you are comfy and all that but I need to pack my stuff away now,' I said.

He didn't reply straightway so I assumed that he must have not heard so I repeated what I had just said.

'Sorry but could you get off my ...........'

'Yeah, yeah I understood,' he said in a grumpy voice and got up.