•9- Lone Wolves?•

After that last comment I refused to look at Ace. I kissed him and he's acting like this is all a fun little game. It's not, it's hell on earth. I just want to fall asleep and wake up at my house and laugh this off as a terrible nightmare. But no, this is the real deal.

Ace was currently out, leaving me alone in his apartment. Why not escape? Oh might ask, well I'm chained to the bed with a silver chain that rested outside of my cloths.

I could drag the bed, but I didn't known how much time I had. I needed to be smart to escape. If I escape once, he might torture me. I want him to supposedly trust me, but there's a good chance that won't happen. I'm only here for my healing powers and strength. Not to be loved.

The front door knob rattled and the door opened, revealing Ace and three other people. I moved to the far edge of the bed in a ball.

"Who's that?" one of the guys asks, pointing over to me as he sat down on the couch.
Another one joins him, "Why isn't she dead yet?"

Oh great, more murderous wolves. I wish they would all die, sounds awful, but thousands would be spared. But that's not how life works. There's the good, the bad, and the neutral. Everything balancing each other out in the end.

Ace sat down at the end of my feet, "Funny story," he says vaguely. That's how he seemed to speak, unless you pushed him for the detailed version.

The third one raises an eyebrow, "Do tell us," he had a deep Italian accent that fit him well. I had to admit, damn.

Ace smirked and scooted back so he was sitting next to me, leaning against the headboard. "Meet Lillian," he said, placing a hand on my head. "Her class and another had a field trip to my cell. The Warden had a plan to find my mate, and she figured it out, noting all the strange details in a notebook." I raised an eyebrow, how did he know what was in that book? I never spoke of it, not even to Darian yet. He looks down at me, "Your Alpha told the Warden, who got pretty pissed," he snickered. "Anyways, she knew we were mates and before she left I confirmed it. Then the next day the Warden brought them back and released me. They were tracing all my moves till I left the prison. Lillian here didn't eat the food that tracks and temporarily makes you blind," I twist my head. Tracks? If I just ate that stupid muffin, they were going all out. "And then I found my mate barricaded in her room trying to kill herself. Must say, it get like a bitch and she was close," he chuckled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. That was the most he's ever spoken. I guess he can talk more than baby words, I mentally smile at my comment.

"Hah, smart chick. Better be careful Ace, or she will be the end of you," the second guy says, then turns to face me. "My name is Danielle Reco."

The first one glances at me, "Mates won't kill their own mates, not buts. I'm Xan Flince." I nod, everybody was saying their last name, which I found odd, but fair enough.

Then the third one spoke up, Edward Killiester," he smiles. I freeze when I hear his last name. Darian's last name is Killiester. He mentioned he had a brother, but I've never seen him. Could this be him?

Ace notices my reaction then laughs for a moment before talking. "Oh yeah... your little brother was with her at that field trip. They seem pretty close. Darian is it?" he asks, looking at me for a reply.

My eye twitches as I get stared down, "Yeah, so?" I say with an attitude.

Edward laughs, "He talked about having a best friend when I visited awhile ago, guess that you." I slowly nod, hiding my face. "Better watch out Ace, Darian is pretty protective over her."

Ace rolled his eyes, "He hasn't stopped texting and calling her. He even managed to hack into the phone's camera." Wait, he had my phone? If only I could find it, I could tell Darian I'm okay. I know he's worried beyond words right now.

Edward shrugged, "Just saying. What're you going to do with her anyways? She's pretty tiny, and really scared of you," his voice averted to a dull tone. He seemed happy to hear about his brother, I didn't know what to think. They're family, I had no business in it. But I'm still curious, Darian really never spoke about Edward.

"Well, toy with her. Like I do with my victims, just without the killing," Ace smiled. I suddenly felt a lot more uncomfortable with him arm around me.

Edward shook his head, "She's just going to keep trying to kill herself, and then she will be an empty shell and it won't be any fun anymore. You've got to do mate stuff," he suggests.

"Mate stuff?" Ace questions.

"Thats your job to figure out, not mine. Anyways, we three have to go to the bar to meet up with our newest victims. See yah Ace and bye Lillian," Edward said, getting up and leaving, the other two following behind him, leaving me and Ace alone.

"Well," I face Ace, "you're still my toy." I let out a groan and looked away. I didn't want to be a sadist's toy. Someday it was going to get old for him and I was going to get thrown away. I feel his hand rub my back, up and down. "But, I'll be better and you know why." Yeah, just so you could be stronger. I couldn't let my walls come down.