•30- Blood•

Lillian's Pov.

I lied in bed, watching television as I always do. There wasn't anything to do while Ace was working. Too bad, none of my friends have bothered to contact me. Not like I could find my phone though, so that might be the reason.

I should get a job too, maybe help Ace buy a new apartment. Quite frankly, this one is trash. He has money to buy me amazing cloths and panties, but not for a slightly nicer place. He's probably is just bad at saving, who knows.

Once he gets home, I'll tell him. I hope he supports the idea, it'd give me something to do and I wouldn't feel like such a bottom feeder.

I hear the door unlock and open and I turn to see a smiling Ace. I smile and get up to hug him, but he scurried into the bathroom before I c oils get even close to him.

I sigh, "Ace, are you alright?" I ask him, knocking o  the bathroom door. I don't hear him say anything, just the shower turn on. I try to open the door, but it was locked. I bite my lip and turn away, going back to sit on the bed. He was acting weird.

My wolf gets nervous when she feels Ace's wolf arguing with Ace. She howled at me to break the door and fix it, but I didn't have the heart. Most of all, I didn't know what to do. Maybe I should just... try.

I get up again and knock on the door, "Ace," I say his name in a quiet voice. He didn't reply, but I knew he heard me. His wolf paused for a moment. That night we did it, our wolves connected and we are fully mated.

They quickly go back to bickering and I frown. He looked happy just minutes ago. "Ace, open the door, please," I say, my voice sounding desperate this time. I let out a soft whimper after a minute.

I hear footsteps, but Ace doesn't unlock the door. I groan, sliding down it and bringing my legs up to my chest as I worried about my mate.

My eyes flutter open when I hear the bathroom door unlock behind me. Ace opens it and looks down at me with a straight face. I don't say anything, feeling suddenly awkward around him. I didn't want to feel this way, but it just happens.

"Lillian," Ace says my name. I look up at him, "I'm sorry," he says a monotone voice. My wolf froze for a moment, thinking that voice sounded familiar. I shake my head, smiling a little. E had nothing to be sorry for.

Ace lifts me off the ground and places me on our bed. "Do you like it here?" he suddenly asks me. I look over at him, nodding. I wasn't in the mood for speaking, I just felt like I couldn't speak. It was a mix of the two.

He lets out a sigh, "Do you.. feel like you're forgetting or remembering anything?" he asks me. I found the question odd, but I guess he knew a little more about me than I thought.

"Yeah," I say in a quiet voice. He nods, petting my hair, not saying anything else.

We spent the rest of the night cuddling in silence. I wish I would've known what Ace and his wolf were fighting about, it is very rare for our wolves to argue with us, unless there's a good reason. That reason is important, I just have a feeling, and so does my wolf. Sometimes, I think it's more than just a gut feeling.

~•~

I wake up, feeling a pair of strong arms around me. I smile, not bothering to get out of Ace's grip. It was gentle, not too tight, and just the position so it didn't bother me and hopefully not him. I close my eyes again, going into a semi-dreamlike state.

I feel Ace move a bit behind me, his hardness rubbing against me. I lightly blush, waking up once more. "Good morning Lillian," he says in a husky voice. I bite my lip, not replying. "I know you're awake," Ace says in a song tune while tightening his grip on me.

I smile, "Morning babe," I laugh. I never called him a pet name, but trying won't kill me. Ace doesn't do anything except loosen his grip a bit.

"Mhm. There's something I want to tell you, but it does come with something," Ace tells me. I look straight forwards at particularly nothing, feeling a deja vu. I nod and he continues, "I'll take that as a yes. Last night I knew you were begging to see why me and my wolf were fighting. Well, he had a different approach on how to treat you and what to call you. I didn't like how he acted, so vicious and such," Ace's voice changed tones real quick. I had a feeling that was a lie, but a small one. "Anyways, once upon a time, I had a girlfriend. Many years ago she was my best friend and then we dated for a year. That was the best year of life-" I felt my heart twist as I suddenly didn't feel good enough. "We danced, played and even lived together. She was my little secret and I was hers. Until one day she was raped by a prison guard behind a dumpster. I tried to save her, but I just got the shit beat out of me. At the time, I was only a little kid."

A few tears brim my eyes, I didn't know anything about him, and he decides to tell me something this important so soon. "I jus don't want you to be in danger my little flower," Ace kisses the back on my neck. I could feel the uncertainty radiating off of him.

"Why would somebody target me?" I ask him. He made it sound like people would come for me on purpose. There's no reason for that to happen. We are a normal couple in a shit apartment. That's all, end of story.

Ace holds his breathe for a moment, "Just in case, I want to keep you safe. I want to protect you, from others, and yourself. I want to love you," he sounded sympathetic saying all of this, like pity words.

I wiggle away from his grasp, upset. "No, you're lying to me. You don't want my love, what do you really want?" I ask him. I was tired of all the lies, even the small ones. I know I'm suppose to trust my mate, but I couldn't. Something was telling me not to, and I was starting to believe it.

Ace's eyes flashed an unknown emotion, "I don't want your love," he gets up. My face turns pale as I back against the wall, him corning me, "I want you and only you. I don't want anybody else to touch you or have the same feeling that I have with you," I look up into his eyes. He wasn't lying, he wanted to possessive. "I want you to be just mine."

•••

Might delete and redo. I'm SO tired, but I promised a chapter.

Anyways. School spirit week: decade day! Wednesday (1920's flapper dress designed by my mom). I know my eyebrows are a fail.

 I know my eyebrows are a fail