•34- Sweet Secrets•

The drive home was silent and deadly. Ace was not happy with me, it's like I purposely did something wrong. The thing is, if I could have possibly known, I wouldn't have talked or even walked near Olivia. Ace is just being stubborn right now!

The car comes to complete stop, making me fly forward and hit my head off of the dashboard. I groan, rubbing the soon to be bump. I wish he would be a little more careful. "You okay?" Ace asks, getting out his car. I nod, biting my lip. It hurt like a bitch, but I didn't want to bother him right now.

I take a step out of his car, only to bump into Ace's chest, "Lillian, we are mates, remember that I can feel your pain. Now lets go home," he tells me, uncrossing his arms arms so he could take my hand.

I go with Ace, without saying word. He had a sudden change of heart, which I found odd, but In glad he isn't going to be grumpy all day. Oh the flaws of the mate bond.

About halfway up the stairs my head begins to hurt and I pause, pulling back Ace. He looks down at me with a concerned expression, "Lillian?-" he tries to say my name, but my eyes close and I fall onto the ground, passing out.

~•~

"So, will she be okay?" I hear Ace ask somebody, slight concern in his voice. His wolf has been trying to contact me, but my wolf has been refusing because she wanted some alone time for some reason. She won't tell me why though.

Somebody else sighs, "Yes, just be more careful. You can be reckless, this could have made her remember," the doctor from the other day tells Ace.

Ace grumbles, "Don't. She might be awake," he tells the doctor, pinching the top of my arm.

If my eyes could fly open, they would. Now it's as clear as day, Ace was hiding something from me, about me! My wolf lets out a whine, sounding distressed. Don't worry, I'll figure this out soon enough... hopefully. I hate living in shadows, I have to know everything. It's just my curious personality. Honestly, that's why I don't like the future, because I have no clue what's going to happen. I can influence it, but in the end, I have no control.

The doctor lets out a little laugh, "She won't wake up, I just checked her readings. Anyways I wanted to talk to you about it." I hear some shifting around and I presume the doctor sits down, or Ace.

I listen closely to Ace as he speaks, "Okay, go on," he urges the doctor, getting a bit frustrated. My wolf paced bath and forth in my mind, trying to put things together. Currently, I'm the ears and she's the brains.

The doctor lets out a sigh, "Well, she's in the process of slowly getting her memories back-" my heart starts to race as I put the last piece together. I wasn't forgetful, I didn't forget Ace, I just... lost my memories. But now, there's so many more unanswered questions. I don't know what I'm going to do. "Before she sees the true you, treat her as good as you can. If you do that, then when she remembers everything, she most likely won't reject you," the doctor explains. I could my heart beating in my ear as I listened to them.

Ace lets out a vicious growl and I had the urge to curl up in a ball and cry, "Are you fucking serious, she might remember? Once she remembers everything, she's going to raise hell on me, especially for fucking her one night!" Ace shouts, stomps his foot. My wolf lets out a little whimper, wondering if that night really was a mistake. Usually, Id be the one to do that, but it seems as if we both are agreeing on something for once.

"Ace, there's nothing we can do to prevent it. Just keep it up and eventually she will forgive you," the doctor tells Ace in fatherly tone. I wonder what I should forgive him about? It sounds pretty bad from how Ace reacted to me slowly gaining my memories back.

I decide to open my eyes, I couldn't listen forever. I see Ace and the doctor looking eye to eye, not even noticing my presence. "Forgive you for what? Lying to me?" I ask Ace, my voice sounding all cracked up. That was morning in the morning or when I haven't spoken in awhile.

Both their heads turn quick towards me and the doctor gives me a flustered look, thinking I was asleep when I wasn't. Ace gives me a blank look, probably not knowing what to reply. I look away from his eyes, not even wanting to see him.

Ace lets out a growl, I glance over and see him holding the doctor by the collar of his shirt, "So, still asleep?" he sneers. I watch closely, only stepping in when Ace lifts the doctor up into the air.

"Ace, stop," I tell him in a solid voice. He drops the doctor and looks at me with bewildered eyes.

Ace sits on the side of his bed where I lie, he reaches out and touches my cheek, "I don't know what I'm going to do with you," he said. It didn't sound like he was talking to me, but it also sounded like their was a double meaning.

I move away from his hand, "Don't touch me," I say. I didn't want him to do anything till I got the cold, hard truth from him.

Ace smiles and leans down to my ear, "We are fully marked mates Lillian, my pain is your pain, and there's no leaving now," he whispers, leaving a kiss before exiting his apartment with the doctor being dragged behind his like a rag doll.

I bite my lip, blinking at the door, not knowing what to say. He's right, his pain is my pain, but my pain is also his pain. If I'm depressed he's going to feel it. And as fully marked mates, I can never leave him, but I can ignore him, but that could be dangerous. His wolf could easily take control. 

I lay back down, only to stare at the ceiling, thinking, for hours on end.

•••

Fun fact about the author, Im afraid of the future. A lot of Ace and Lillian are based off me, just so yah know, but obviously not everything 👀

#13 in werewolf category *passes out once more* You and are so amazing, I want to cry... SIKE, I don't cry.

Anybody play Animal Jam?