•27- Different•

After eating at a Wendy's, Ace wanted to go shopping to get me some cloths and food for his place. All this time, he seemed off the edge. I wanted to ask him about it, but I didn't want to be that one snoopy mate. We did just meet today, well, yesterday after all.

"Hey Ace?" I ask him as he pulled into a shopping center.

He looked at me as he undid his seatbelt, "Yes Lillian?" he replies in a softer tone than what he speaking with earlier.

"Never mind," I say, turning away and getting out of the car. My face was flushed, I was going to ask him if he knew where I lived. I couldn't seem to remember, which is something I should be able to under any circumstance. I guess I got wasted as hell.

Ace quickly caught up to me and pulled me so I faced him. "Tell me what's wrong," he says. It sounded a bit forceful, but I could feel he was trying to be caring. I guess he's had a rough past.

I sighed, looking away. I leaned against him, feeling his warmth, "I don't remember where I live," I state, my vision fogging up a bit. I feel so stupid right now. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

Ace wrapped his arms around me and began petting my hair, "You can stay with me," he says in a soothing voice. I nodded, holding on tightly to his shirt.

"Thank you," I said, barely above a whisper. I could feel his heart race for a moment before he pulled away. "Lets go shopping," I smile, walking towards the shopping center with Ace close by.

As Ace opened the main door for me, he grabbed my hand and began holding it. It was still a bit tight like last time, but I felt sparks fly as we walked around to each store.

I could hardly focus while shopping, because Ace would keep glancing at me, sometimes staring for minutes at a time. My wolf was happy and excited, she wanted to run up and kiss our mate, but I think it was a bit too early for that.

After a couple hours of shopping I had a few bags, even one from Victoria's Secret. Ace wasn't afraid to go in with me, hell, he even picked half of my panties and bras. What a brave man.

I let out a yawn as we walked to the car, it was beginning to get dark out and we still had to go grocery shopping. I slouched in the seat as Ace drive to wherever.

I feel his eyes on me, "Let's go shopping some other time," he suggests, it didn't feel like he was commanding me. I guess it will be sometime before the scale balances out.

"No, tonight," I mumbled, laying my head on the seatbelt. I'd be lying if I wasn't saying I was drifting asleep, because I was.

My eyes fluttered shut as Ace commented, "Mhm," sarcastically. Least to say, I had a wonderful dream that night, a night that's I remember.

~•~

I feel myself being placed down on a soft bed. I barely opened my eyes to see what was going on. Ace had brought me all the way up to his room and lied me on the bed. Soon enough, he hopped in along with me, only in his boxers. I blushed as I fell back asleep, into another great dream.

~•~

The next morning I woke up feeling fresh for the first time in years. I smiled at the sleeping Ave next to me. He had a cold look on his face, but it fit him well. It's not like he was really cold, he has been treating me wonderfully.

His eyes suddenly opened and he smirks, "Watching me sleep?" he asks playfully. I blush, looking away, not bothering to respond. He laughs and wraps an arm around me, pulling me close to him, "It's cute," he whispers into my ear. My heart began to race as my wolf bounced around like crazy.

I looked up into his eyes, they were so odd. I wonder how he got white irises. I had to admit, they added to his cold look, but I felt as if... as if it was the light in his darkness. I didn't know how to explain it, just think it. He looked back at me, thinking other thoughts.

"So," I interrupt our thought fest, "what's the plans for today?" I ask him. I was okay with being lazy or going somewhere. I just wanted to be with him.

He sighs, "Sorry Lillian, I've got some work to do," he says, kissing my forehead as he got out of bed. I pout, watching him as he picked out some cloths to wear. "We can watch a movie when I get back though," he adds, making me jump with happiness.

"Okay!" I say, smiling like a goofball. He glanced at me and chuckled before changing in front of me. I pulled the blanket over my head, embarrassed. He looked hot, but still. A peak wouldn't hurt.

I took the blanket off when I felt like he was done, which he was. Ace slipped on his shoes and looked at me once more, "I'll see you in a bit, stay safe," he says, leaving the apartment.

I waved bye as he left. I wonder what he does for work, it must not bring much money in since he lives in this shit hole, or he was saving. Yesterday we did spend a lot of money shopping, so I do t feel sure about any of those answers.

I turned on the TV to Cartoon Network and began watching random remakes. I wish they would just bring back the originals, like come on, it's not that hard. But no, they wanted cheap and cheesy remakes. How dare they.

About four hours later Ace came back. He walked in wearing a different pair of closes than he did earlier. I ignored the fact and got off the bed to embrace him in a hug.

Ace tensed up for a moment before hugging me bad. I inhale his scent, but instead, he reeked of blood. "Why do you smell like-?" I asked him, but was cut off by him kissing me.

My eyes went wide, but I quickly closed them, kissing him back.

After a bit I pull away to catch my breathe. Ace chuckles, "I've been wanting to do that for awhile," he states while smirking. My face heats up and turn away from him, but he wasn't having any of that.

Ace kissed my neck, and I held back a moan as he nibbled at a certain spot. He smiled against my skin and bit down harder, making my knees weak as I let out a moan.

"Good girl," Ace whispered into my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist.

•••

;) Oh yes.